Naval Base Point Loma Visitor Information
Base Access Information Guide
19 Nov 2009
To: All Concerned
Subj: PROCEDURE IN SUBMITTING VISITOR INFORMATION FOR TEMPORARY BASE ACCESS
1. This information guide is to standardize submission of information when requesting for a temporary access aboard NBPL.
2. VIP's / Dignitaries. High-ranking visits shall be coordinated between the Protocol Officer, 1st LT, and NBPL Security Officer. O-7 and above may use their own command’s VIP passes for all their VIP’s and Dignitaries. VIP Passtemplate is available at NBPL Security. Execution: Protocol Officers shall prepare, then, drop off the VIP passes to NBPL Force Protection Operations Division. NBPL Force Protection Division will distribute at the appropriate gate to be handed to the guests upon their initial arrival at the gate. Protocol Officers are responsible for ensuring that NBPL Force Protection Division has a sample copy of the VIP pass for proper recognition. Other option is by using paragraph #3 below.
3. Visitors for special events (weddings, retirements, Change of Commands, etc.). Only Authorized personnel (Active Duty, Retired Mil & their dependents, DoD CAC holders) may sponsor visitors to special events on base. NBPL Passand Decal Office will verify the source of every request. Execution: Authorized sponsors shall fill in the attached Base Access Request template and email back as editable Excel file to NBPL_fp@navy.mil from any computer. Cut off time is 1500 hrs on a work day prior to your desired date.
a. Foreign Nationals and visitors with routes through Operational areas need to provide a set of numbers unique to them (i.e. SSN, DL#, State ID, etc).
b. Foreign Nationals may provide Passport # and DOB in place of DL#.
c. Foreign military with orders to commands onboard NBPL may use their military ID for gate access excluding restricted areas.
d. PAO-escorted visitors with media equipment need only to clear the inspection station to sanitize the vehicles and equipment.
4. Residents of the Harbor Inn/Navy Gateway/Admiral Kidd Inn. Only residents with CAC or other form of military ID (retirees, dependents over 16yo) may sponsor visitors to the Navy Lodge. Execution: Residents shall personally escort their visitors from the gate to the lodge, and back to the gate.
5. Residents of the Military Family Housing. Housing residents are expected to sponsor visitors on a short notice. Residents are also authorized to sponsor up to six non-escorted guests for up to 30 days without CO’s approval. Execution: Residents may call the Gate Supervisor at 619-553-0938 and provide the sponsor and visitor information. For 30-day visitors, residents shall personally escort their visitors to NBPL Pass & Decal, Building 680 and arrange for temporary ID or Badge.
6. Official Contractors. Execution: Authorized sponsors shall contact NBPL Pass & Decal supervisor, Building 174 at 619-553-0938.
NBPL Access Team