Other services available at the Navy College Office are open to all military personnel and their family members as well as the civilian component in the Rota area. Our staff is comprised of four full-time employees, our director, two guidance counselors, one ed technician, and one part-time test examiner.
Some of the services that we provide include:
- Academic advisement, degree planning, and referral to one of the U.S. colleges at Naval Station, Rota or an alternative program depending on your goals.
- Information on financial aid including Tuition Assistance (TA), various VA education benefits (www.va.gov), Pell Grants, and student loan programs (http://www.fafsa.ed.gov).
- Advisement on examinations that will assist you in your academic program. We are one of DANTES authorized testing centers. For information on DANTES exams, visithttp://www.dantes.doded.mil/Dantes_web/examinations/index.htm. We can proctor DL/Independent Study Exams from many colleges and numerous Pearson-Vue certification examinations (www.pearsonvue.com). However, except for the OAR/ASTB, for any other military testing, you should contact PSD for more information.
- Information on career and vocational choices.
- Evaluation of SMART for potential college credit, visit https://smart.cnet.navy.mil
- Information on distance learning/education courses through Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) or other sources. http://www.dantes.doded.mil
- Information on other degree programs, such as external degree programs, NCNDLP and SOCNAV (http://www.soc.aascu.org)
- Assistance with enrollments in the Navy National Apprenticeship Program.https://usmap.cnet.navy.mil/usmapss/static/usmap.jsp