SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION AND RESPONSE
To speak confidentially with a Sexual Assault Victim Advocate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, please call:
Sexual Assault is taken very seriously by the NAVSTA Command and Tenant Commands
It is our primary goal to keep you safe and provide you with a resource to make an informed decision about your reporting options. We respect you, we will treat you with dignity, and we will support you.
If something should happen to you or a friend, YOU DO HAVE RIGHTS.
Restricted Reporting Options allows victims to receive medical care, advocacy, and counseling without triggering the investigative process.
- Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (SARC)
- Victim Advocate
- Military Health Care Provider (including FFSC Clinicians)
Reporting sexual assault to any agency or individual not listed above may result in an unrestricted report.
Unrestricted Reporting Options
Am Unrestricted Report allows a Service Member to disclose the details of their assault to specifically identified individuals and receive medical care, advocacy, counseling and triggers the official investigative process.
- SARC/Victim Advocate
- Military Healthcare Provider (including FFSC Clinicians)
- Chain of Command
- Military Police (MP/MA)
- 911/Emergency Services
- Staff Judge Advocate
The Navy's Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program (SAPR) - formerly the Sexual Assault Victim Intervention (SAVI) Program - provides a comprehensive, standardized, victim-sensitive system to prevent and respond to sexual assaults Navy wide. This is done through sexual assault awareness and prevention education, victim advocacy, and data collection.
The intervention portion of the program is designed to support victims and their families as they deal with the many issues following sexual assault trauma.
Sexual Assault Victim Advocates are specially trained volunteers who:
- Respond quickly to sexual assault victims
- Provide information and explain reporting options
- At victim's request, accompany victims during medical, investigative, and legal proceedings
- Make referrals for military and community assistance
- Help victims through overwhelming feelings
- Help victims work through barriers and provide non-clinical support
Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (SAPR) Victim Advocate 24/7 Duty Phone: +34-646-40-7871
FFSC Daytime Contact Phone
Victim Support Services
- Command NOT notified
- Law Enforcement NOT notified
- Sexual Assault Victim receives medical treatment, advocacy, and counseling
- Command IS notified
- Law Enforcement IS notified
- Sexual Assault Victim receives medical treatment, advocacy and counseling