Gate operations at Naval Support Activity Bethesda have been adjusted to meet current requirements.
Effective Jan. 7, 2020 (and until further notice) – gate hours* at NSA Bethesda are as follows:
Gate 1 (Visitor Center/North Gate): Open 24/7
Gate 2 (South Gate, across from Metro):
- Open to all traffic from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Automated pedestrian turnstiles access remains available 24/7
- ADA swing gates will remain open from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Closed on weekends and holidays
Gate 3 (NEX Gate):
- Open to INBOUND vehicle traffic only from 5 to 8:30 a.m., Monday through Friday
- Open to OUTBOUND vehicle traffic only from 3 to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Closed to all pedestrian traffic
- Closed on Federal holidays unless otherwise posted
Gate 4 (Navy Lodge): Closed to vehicles and pedestrians until further notice
Gate 5 (USU Gate): Open 5 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday for taxis, delivery vehicles, and non-DoD vehicles (Closed on Federal holidays)
All non-DoD personnel without official identification (CAC, DBIDS, etc.) or a DoD ID cardholder sponsor traveling by personal vehicle should proceed to Gate 5 (USU Gate) for vetting.
All vehicles coming onto NSA Bethesda are subject to inspection.
Employees, patients, and visitors should expect and plan for possible delays when accessing the installation.