Qualification of the Command Financial Specialist (CFS)
The specialist is the command’s principal advisory on policies and matters related to the commander's Personal Financial Management (PFM) plan. The CFS should meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum pay grade will be E5 over 6 years service for enlisted. E5 with less than 6 years require a waiver; W2/O1 for officers.
- Be highly motivated and financially stable. Meet screening criteria for financial stability, as determined by examination of debt to income ratio and review of most current credit reports.
- Demonstrate competency in public speaking/facilitator forums.
- Be designated, in writing by the Commanding Officer as outlined in OPNAVINST 1740 series.
- Successfully complete the CFS training course provided by an authorized Family Center using CFS Training courseware developed by Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC) and Naval Education and Training Command (NETC).
- Have at least one year remaining onboard present command at time of CFS course.
- Participate in continuing education including, but not limited to, periodic CFS forums and CFS refresher training at least every three years.
2018 CFS Training Schedules
Please stand by for the remaining unlinked schedules. Thank you for your patience in waiting for a response.
|Africa||Camp Lemonnier Djibouti|
|Japan||Fleet Activities Yokosuka
Fleet Activities Sasebo
Naval Air Station Atsugi
Naval Base Guam
Naval Support Activity Naples, Italy
Naval Base Guantanamo Bay (postponed until further notice)