MyNavy Family mobile application is the first tool by the U.S. Navy developed for Navy spouses and Sailors’ families that combines authoritative information from about two dozen websites into a single, convenient application.
Available information and resources cover a wide variety of topics within the following categories:
- Mentorship & Networking
- Employment & Adult Education
- Family Financial Planning
- Special Needs Family Support
- Moving & Relocation
- Service Member Deployment
- Emotional Support Services
- Recreation, Lodging, Shopping & Travel
- Family Emergencies
- Transition & Retirement
- Parents & Family Members of Sailors
- Survivor’s Resources
This app connects Navy families to information and resources to help them successfully navigate the complexities of the Navy lifestyle. In addition to a wealth of useful content, the app offers several features:
- Military Installation Search – Find information about every military installation around the world with contact information, base map, programs and services, plus an overview of its mission.
- MyNavy Career Center – Get help and information with this 24/7 resource, with in-app ability to call or send an email to a customer service representative.
- Emergency Contacts – Access a list of Navy websites and phone numbers for immediate support from a range of organizations: National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, Sexual Assault Crisis Support, National Domestic Violence Hotline, and American Red Cross Emergency Hotline).
- Calendar – Add dates and events to a calendar associated with users’ mobile devices.
- Content Sharing – Share information by using other mobile device applications, such as email, SMS text, and iMessage.
- Feedback – Provide input about the app content and use.
The MyNavy Family app was developed by a Spouse Advisory Tiger Team that was established by the Navy Sailor Experience team. The Tiger Team included Navy Spouses, along with the Ombudsman at Large, Navy organizations that provide services to Navy families, and several nonprofit organizations.
The app is part of a larger effort by the Navy to improve the experiences of spouses and families in order to promote strong Navy families and support them in every way possible. Download the app today!
Revised for 2019, the MyNavy Financial Literacy application provides Navy personnel with information to help them achieve their personal financial goals and meet the Navy’s financial literacy education requirements. This app allows Service members and their families to access financial literacy education anywhere, anytime via their mobile devices.
The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA FY16) made significant changes to the military retirement system and mandated that Navy personnel obtain additional financial literacy training. This app supports that training via checklists, videos, and a compendium of in-app and online resources.
The application is divided into the following sections for ease of use:
Financial Literacy Touchpoint Training Checklists offers checklists to track the financial training courses required at each professional and personal touchpoint throughout a Service member’s career. Checklists include Arrival at various duty stations, Promotions and Entitlement to Continuation Pay, Marriage and Divorce, Birth of a First Child, and Pre- and Post-deployment.
Financial Literacy Resources includes information on Banking and Financial Management, Credit and Debt, Financial Planning and Spending Plans, Investments, Insurance, and Military Pay and Entitlements.
Blended Retirement System (BRS) Resources offers various types of information, links, and videos. Of note, information is provided about the Navy Standard Integrated Personnel System (NSIPS), allowing Service members to view their BRS status, verify BRS election, elect Continuation Pay, and acknowledge review of their Budget/Financial Plan at designated career touchpoints.
Calculators provide a comparison between the High-3 retirement plan and BRS, and estimate a Sailor’s retirement benefits under BRS, High-3, Final Pay and REDUX retirement plans.
Courses offers access to the following courses: BRS Opt-In Training, The Uniformed Services Blended Retirement System: Your Retirement System, Leader Training to Introduce the BRS, BRS Financial Counselor/Educator Course, BRS Lump Sum Course and Family Financial Planning.
The app also includes a Favorites section for bookmarking app pages and an Emergency section with information on a variety of crisis-related topics. The MyNavy Financial Literacy app is also searchable. Download yours today!