48 Hours - 1 p.m. Friday to 1 p.m. Sunday
The Spiritual Growth Retreat is an excellent interfaith opportunity to explore your spiritual journey. The Spiritual Growth Retreat focuses on the individual's personal spiritual walk enabling participants to gain a capacity for managing the challenges and adversities of life.
Comments from Participants on SGR Post-Retreat Evaluations
Question: What did you get out of the weekend?
- "This weekend helped me learn to sort the past and understand where I'm coming from. I was able to recognize my weaknesses and barriers."
- "A chance to learn more about God spiritually, and accept the fact that I must make time for God in my life."
- "It helped me look to the future, and recognize that I must find the spiritual faith I lost in the past."
- "That on this journey I will encounter ups and downs, and while on this spiritual walk I should keep focused and God will be there."
- "Personal security and direction."
- "Peace, quiet, and communication with God."
Question: Did it help you examine your own spirituality?
- "Yes, it's difficult to find time to understand and dedicate faith. This retreat set the time for me, it has been incredible."
- "Yes, it gave me a chance to evaluate where I am in my fellowship with God."
- "Yes, I feel like I have space to grow and learn more."
SGR Participant Checklist
- Lodging and Bed Linens
- Meals from dinner Friday through lunch Sunday
You Should Bring:
- Casual civilian clothes appropriate for the anticipated weather conditions
- Clothing for possible recreation
- Extra towels and wash clothes
- Personal toiletry items
- Insect repellent (Summer)
- Pocket change (Euro)
- Your favorite snacks
- Valid ID card
- Electric fans during hot weather
- Reading and writing materials.
Please Do Not bring:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Weapons of any kind
Other Important Information:
- Be Committed and Open - By committing yourself to a CREDO SGR Weekend make sure you are willing to take an honest look at your spiritual life.
- Be Yourself - The CREDO weekend is designed to create a community of trust and concern among participants. Therefore, we try to remove the barriers that may separate us. Please address fellow participants and team members by first name only and avoid all discussion of military rank and "shop talk."
- Phones - A telephone is available for emergency calls only. Emergency messages from friends and family should go through the NSA Quarterdeck at 081-568-5547 or DSN 626-5547.
- Parking - For Naples Area retreats, it may be easier to have someone drop you off at the CREDO Center. If you drive, please park in the parking garage at the East end of Capodichino.