The Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) is a quality of life program that works to ensure that chronic medical and/or special educational needs for all dependents of active duty personnel are considered during the assignment process. The EFMP team aims to support qualifying service members and their families through continuity of care, information and referral, and non-medical case management.
The program has three components:
1. Identification and Enrollment: Enrollment in the EFMP is required for all service members with dependents who have been identified with chronic medical and/or special educational needs.
2. Assignment Coordination: A projected assignment location must have both the capability and the capacity to meet the enrolled dependent’s need(s).
3. Family Support: EFMP Case Liaisons: provide assistance with navigation of systems; provide information/ referral services, and non-medical case management. The liaisons provide a link between military, local, and national community resources and the EFMP families who utilize support services.
DD 2792 – Exceptional Family Member Medical and Educational Summary (Click HERE to download)
DD 2792-1 – Exceptional Family Member Special Education/ Early Intervention Summary (Click HERE to download **only required when applicable**)
NAVY: EFMP enrollment must be updated every 3 years for all permanent category assignments (Category 1-5) and annually for temporary category assignments (Category 6). Enrollment updates should also occur NLT 12 months prior to an anticipated Permanent Change of Station (PCS) and whenever a change in family status or special needs occur.
1. Required forms and appropriate attachments are completed by sailor and appropriate personnel, generating enrollment package (instructions listed on Page 1 of forms)
2. Enrollment package submitted to Medical Treatment Facility Coordinator (MTFC)
3. MTFC conducts administrative review to guarantee completion
4. MTFC forwards enrollment package to Central Screening Committee (CSC)
5. CSC reviews enrollment package to determine medical and/or educational eligibility; recommends category assignment to NAVPERSCOM
6. NAVPERSCOM reviews enrollment package and CSC category recommendations; assigns final category and annotates the sailor’s detailing record
Regional Case Liaison Contact information
Email us at:
Call us at:
Exceptional Family Member Program
PSC 817 BOX 108 FPO AE 09622
Facebook Page: http://on.fb.me/EURAFSWAEFMP
You can also contact your Local Fleet and Family Support Center for additional information.