Col Douglas E. Pierce is the Commander, 647th Air Base Group, 15th Wing, and Deputy Commander, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii. In the 647th Air Base Group, he leads over 900 personnel and five squadrons to deliver the full range of mission support for base, theater and global air/joint operations as required by the Commander, U.S. Pacific Command and the Commander, Pacific Air Forces.
He directly supports operation of the AF’s largest joint, dual-use airfield, leads base emergency operations, protects $6.5B in DoD assets, acquires $220M in support for theater missions and maintains/trains war fighting-ready forces for ongoing expeditionary combat support.
As the Deputy Commander, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, he assists the Joint Base Commander with activating, integrating and guiding over 50 installation support functions for joint base operations supporting more than 38,000 personnel and families.
He formerly served as the Chief, Financial Analysis Division, Directorate of Financial Management and Comptroller, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii.
Col Pierce graduated from The Citadel in 1995 where he received his commission through the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps. He has served in various financial management positions at the Headquarters, Center, Wing, Numbered Air Force, and Direct Reporting Unit level and has deployed in support of Operation SOUTHERN WATCH, Operation ENDURING FREEDOM and Operation IRAQI FREEDOM.
1995 Bachelor of Science, The Citadel, Charleston, SC
2000 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, AL
2002 Interdisciplinary Master of Arts, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
2006 Air Command and Staff College (correspondence), Maxwell AFB, AL
2011 Air War College (correspondence), Maxwell AFB, AL
2014 Air War College (residence), Maxwell AFB, AL
1. 1995 – 1996, Financial Manager, Launch Programs Office, Space and Missile Systems Center, Los Angeles Air Force Base, CA
2. 1996 – 1998, Financial Services Officer, 62nd Comptroller Squadron, McChord AFB, WA
3. 1998 – 1999, Disbursing Agent, Joint Task Force South West Asia, Eskan Village, KSA
4. 1999 – 1999, Deputy Budget Officer, 62nd Comptroller Squadron, McChord AFB, WA
5. 1999 – 2002, Regional Director of Admissions, AFROTC Det 775, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
6. 2002 – 2003, Flight Commander, Financial Analysis, 51st Comptroller Squadron, Osan AB, ROK
7. 2003 – 2006, Chief, Financial Analysis Division, Directorate of Financial Management & Comptroller, USAF Academy, CO
8. 2006 – 2008, Commander, 97th Comptroller Squadron, Altus AFB, OK
9. 2008 – 2011, Commander, 355th Comptroller Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ
10. 2011 – 2013, Chief, Budget Formulation Branch, Directorate of Budget Operations & Personnel, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Budget, The Pentagon
11. 2013 – 2013, Executive Officer, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Budget, The Pentagon
12. 2013 – 2014, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, AL
13. 2014 – 2015, Chief, Budget Operations Branch, Directorate of Financial Management & Comptroller, HQ Pacific Air Forces, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
14. 2015 – 2017, Chief, Financial Analysis Division, Directorate of Financial Management & Comptroller, HQ Pacific Air Forces, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
15. 2017- Present, Deputy Commander of Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Army Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant June 7, 1995
First Lieutenant June 7, 1997
Captain June 7, 1999
Major November 1, 2005
Lieutenant Colonel September 1, 2010
Colonel December 1, 2016
(Current as of July 13, 2017)