Before, during and after arrival at CFAS. This is a very important and useful page!
- For travel between Sasebo Naval Base and Fukuoka Airport, go to the Sasebo-Fukoa Shuttle Bus reservation page for more information and to reserve a seat(s). For information about base and housing area shuttle time schedules and routes, please visit the Public Works Department page.
- TRAVELING WITH PETS TO/FROM JAPAN: Pets may NOT travel via the CFAS shuttle bus or
Japanese public transportation. Contact the Family Member Assistance Team (FMAT) via E-mail or come by building 310, first deck, to fill out a request form and provide a “copy of your orders”. Please submit requests to FMAT after receiving your itinerary and further information will be provided.
FMAT Office hours: Mon – Fri (0800 to 1630)
DSN: (315) 252-3627
COMM: 011-81-956-50-3627 (Calling from U.S.)
Duty Phone: 090-5928-6332 (In case of emergency)
- For families traveling with Pets and NOT on orders –OR- arriving at airports other than Fukuoka, here are a few alternate means of travel.
1. Reserve and rent a Van with Driver from CFAS ITT office.
2. Rent a vehicle for a one way trip from a Japanese car rental.
- Household Goods Shipment -- Please visit the Defense Personal Property System (DPS) website at http://www.move.mil (DOD Customer) to register for aDPS account, initiate the PCS personal property move process, and perform self-counseling. For questions specific to personal property shipments toSasebo, Japan, please e-mail: M-SA-FISCfirstname.lastname@example.org . For general questions about using the DPS, please contact the nearest Personal Property Shipping Office for assistance. You can use the Counseling Office Locatorl ink on the DPS website to find the office nearest you. PCS Move Survey Links and DPS Information: http://www.move.mil/home.htm
- Visit the following websites for information regarding station allowances for Sasebo (locality code is JA035)
COLA rates: http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/perdiem/ocform.html
OHA rates: http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/perdiem/ohaform.html
- Military Homefront -- Two helpful resource tools that can help you successfully plan your move are Plan My Move and Military Installations. These links contain information on everything related to making a PCS move to Sasebo, Japan. They can be found on the Military Homefront Web site moving section. Visit http://www.militaryhomefront.dod.mil/ and select "Plan My Move" or "Installations" on the left menu.
- Military OneSource -- chock-full of tools, resources, calculators, links and more, specifically designed to help the military family. Bookmark this one! militaryonesource.mil
- Kids Web Japan is a site to consider exploring with your children. It is child-safe and contains more information than you can imagine about life in Japan off-base. The information in this site is great for “big kids” too. It’s really worth a visit! http://web-jpn.org/kidsweb/index.html
- Military Spouse Career Center -- http://www.military.com/spouse.
- Be Prepared -- here you will find the Command Information Line phone number, typhoon and disaster preparedness links, a link to the Non-combatant Evacuation Order (NEO) required forms and information, weather links and more.
Be sure to click on the NEO hyperlink for forms and information necessary to prepare your NEO Packet and NEO Kit. All accompanied personnel are required to complete their NEO Packet within 30 days of arriving at Fleet Activities Sasebo. Please download and complete the forms to the best of your ability. Contact your command NEO Coordinator if you have questions or need assistance.