Your moving experience begins when you receive your Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders. The information below will give you a head start on what to expect and who you need to contact when you receive your first set of PCS orders.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Allowances and Entitlements
There are various allowances and entitlements associated with most CONUS and OCONUS moves. DO NOT ASSUME that you will receive any of these allowances. Allowances change periodically so ensure you check with the finance office on your installation to determine the exact amount of your allowances and entitlements. Further, the Per Diem Committee's website is the official source for the most up-to-date changes to allowances and entitlements.
Your Installation Housing Office can help you with:
- Determining your housing allowances and entitlements
- Determining availability of government housing at your new location
- Getting help with finding local community housing at your new location
- Finding out about arranging temporary lodging
Take charge of your PCS move!
Military life involves moving - there is no way around it. That's why MilitaryHOMEFRONT has introduced Plan My Move, a powerful new set of tools to help you and your family make your next move a smooth one.
Through Plan My Move, you'll have access to these features and more:
- Customizable Calendar
- To Do Lists
- Departure & Arrival Checklists
- Overseas specific information
- Reliable resources focused on the community outside the gate
- Installation Overviews including local weather, maps, photos and informative topics such as household goods, check-in procedures, employment and child care
- Assistance moving with a family member who has special needs