Family & Community Housing
Navy Housing Service Center
2600 Tarawa Court, Bldg. 1602, Suite 105
Virginia Beach, VA 23459
Hours: Mon-Fri 0730-1600
Commercial: (757) 462-8939, Fax: (757) 462-1244
Unaccompanied Housing (UH)
DSN: 564-7522 / 7523
Commercial: (757) 462-7522 / 7523
HOMES.mil is a new official Department of Defense (DoD) website dedicated to helping Service Members, families and DOD civilians find housing. When searching for Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek- Fort Story on HOMES.mil, listings can be found under Hampton Roads.
Customers receive an array of housing assistance to help simplify their home search. Services include the following:
- Permanent change of station (PCS) housing check-in.
- Process Public-Private Venture (PPV) housing applications and make assignments.
- Maintain a current housing wait list.
- Rental Partnership Program assistance for housing on the economy at reduced rent.
- Extensive available property list from various combined military and civilian resources.
- Lease and purchase agreement counseling.
- Counseling for special needs.
- How to buy, sell or manage property workshops. These informative workshops are scheduled routinely.
- Landlord/tenant counseling and mediation to help resolve complaints.
- Telephones, photocopy and facsimile machines are available without charge.
- Library containing departure housing information to help Service Members and their families plan for a new duty station.
Estimated Wait Times for Family Housing (# of Months)
|2 Bedroom||0 - 1||0 - 1||0 - 1||N/A||N/A|
|3 Bedroom||1 - 14||1 - 14||1 - 14||9 - 18||3 - 9|
|4 Bedroom||1 - 18||1 - 18||1 - 18||12 - 18||12 - 18|
|5-Bedroom||24 - 36||24 - 36||24 - 36||N/A||N/A|
Average Community (Off-Base) Housing Costs - Rentals
Average Community (Off-Base) Housing Costs - Purchase
The HSC has 2 buildings with 480 spaces each, 2 buildings with 3 wings of 270 spaces each and 3 buildings with 3 wings of 336 spaces all fully furnished with amenities.
There are two UH buildings: Hutchin Hall and Williams Hall. They have the same floor plans for housing residents with 5 floors and an elevator to move about, each room has 2 beds with mattresses; odd and even rooms share combined bathrooms. Rooms include a refrigerator, microwave oven, wall-mounted HDTV, desk and chair, iron organizer, locker, lamp, shade and a vacuum. Laundry facilities for both buildings are located in 3606A main Quarter Deck. There is also a game room for resident entertainment, WIFI available in the lounge area, snack machines and outside gazebos with grills for entertainment. Our Hammond Hall Building has three wings with each wing having three floors (no elevator; short steps to the next level). Rooms include two beds with mattresses and one bathroom shared with a roommate. Rooms include a refrigerator, microwave oven, two closets, wall-mounted HDTW, two desks and chairs, iron organizer, lamp, shade and a vacuum located in the lounge. There is also WIFI available in the lounge area with snack machines provided. Our Scott Hall building 3604 designed with three wings and three floor for School of Music Service Members attending the school. Fort Story buildings are 860, 861 and 862 with wings attached to each room and a common area that is shared by both residents. There are outside gazebos with grills for entertainment.
Depending on your assignment status (shore duty, sea duty, student, etc.) and pay grade, your options may include Navy UH, housing in the local community or UH PPV.
- Sea and shore duty personnel within pay grades E1-E3 and E4 (with less than 4 years’ service) can expect to reside in permanent party UH or UH PPV.
- Based on local conditions 50 to 75 percent of E4 with more than 4 years of service may be housed in UH.
- Students will reside in one of our student housing facilities.
- More senior personnel are expected to reside in the local community.
UH are government-owned and managed housing. Eligibility is based on your pay grade and basic allowance for housing (BAH) entitlement.
UH units quantities:
- Comfortable, fully-furnished.
- Clean, safe and secure housing.
- Location, location, location:
- Close to Work (no traffic).
- Base recreation.
- Additional installation support services.
- No - Rent fees
- Fees - Utilities, Cable, Internet and Land line (if needed) Note: BAH [or Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA)] will stop.
- UH moving information.