Do you know someone in an abusive relationship?
Do you know how to recognize the tactics used by an abuser to control their spouse or partner? Knowing how to recognize the "signs" that you or someone you know is in an abusive relationship can be the fist, most important step in getting the help that is needed. Some of the most common indicators of abuse are when the spouse or partner:
- Verbally insults, demeans, or threatens
- Isolates from family, friends, or other people
- Organizes schedules with intent to follow or harass
- Limits mobility or access to money
- Explodes into a rage and assaults physically or sexually Strangles, punches, slaps, kicks, or uses other forms of violence
- Makes excuses each attack and makes promises to change
DOMESTIC ABUSE VICTIM ADVOCATES
If you or someone you know is being abused, the Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate (DAVA) at the FFSC can assist in accessing the multiple military and civilian resources available to help victims remain safe.
For more information on victim services or to contact the
Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate call: (860) 694-4875/4031