Provide guidance and assistance for the Navy Community Service Program for Navy commands based or home ported in Virginia (less Northern Virginia), Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Delaware. The navy’s community service program provides for volunteer support in five areas:
- Personal Excellence Partnerships: Partnerships between Navy commands and schools or youth organizations that focus attention on the scholastic citizenship development of youth.
- Health, Safety & Fitness: Initiatives that promote healthy, safe and fit lifestyles which may include sports and recreation programs, athletic events, nutritional and hygiene information, safety and health fairs, and other health-related projects.
- Environmental Stewardship. Programs and activities that promote the preservation and restoration of the environment through education programs and participation in environmental clean-up efforts.
- Campaign Drug Free: A drug demand reduction program that encourages Navy commands to address youth on the dangers of drug abuse and the importance of being drug free. Volunteers use professionally produced videotapes to convey a powerful anti-drug message.
- Project Good Neighbor: A year-round project that focuses on improving the quality of life for those less fortunate.