Results for Lead in Drinking Water at Child Development and Youth Centers
The Navy is in the process of testing drinking water at all of its Child Development Centers, Child Development Group Homes, Youth Centers, and Schools. This testing is recommended by EPA in schools and day care centers but is not required. However, in the interest of the health and welfare of the children using its facilities, the Navy has adopted a policy to perform the testing. For more information on the testing please visit the CNIC Lead in Priority Area Sampling Program page.
As part of telling you about lead in drinking water at priority areas, links are provided on the General Information and Facts page that contain information on general water quality (Consumer Confidence Reports) at Navy installations, sources of lead in the environment, potential sources of lead in schools, lead facts for parents, a lead public health fact sheet, procedures to minimize lead exposure from drinking water, and an EPA fact sheet and FAQs document on lead in schools and child care facilities, as well as other important information.
Parents are encouraged to contact the CDC staff, command leadership or their health care provider if they have individual questions or would like assistance in understanding and interpreting the results. If you have any health questions or concerns, we encourage you to call your health care provider.
Testing is being accomplished at all facilities in the Mid-Atlantic Region and will be completed in early 2015.
- Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek/Fort Story
- Naval Air Station Oceana/Dam Neck Annex
- Naval Station Great Lakes
- Naval Station Norfolk/NSA HR Headquarters Complex
- Naval Station Newport
- Naval Submarine Base New London
- Naval Support Activity Hampton Roads/Northwest Annex/Portsmouth Annex
- Naval Support Activity Mechanicsburg
- Naval Support Activity Philadelphia
- Naval Weapons Station Earle
- Naval Weapons Station Yorktown/Cheatham Annex
- Norfolk Naval Shipyard/Scott Center Annex
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard