In order for civilian and military personnel to obtain parking on Naval Base Kitsap installations, members must have a valid NBK parking permit, a Washington state disabled parking placard or plate, or a military parking decal affixed to their vehicle. Additionally, all personnel must have current vehicle insurance and vehicle registration.
• Customer Parking – Customer service parking is located near various facilities serving customers, including the Personnel Support Detachment (PSD), Resource Center, Navy Exchange stores, and Commissaries. These parking areas are only to be used for these venues, and most are limited to two hours.
• Disabled Parking – Disabled parking spaces onboard NBK are reserved for personnel with a valid permit and a Washington State disabled license plate or placard for that lot and garage and are never open parking. See Washington State Department of Licensing (DOL) for state requirements.
• Carpool & Vanpool Parking – Parking within this area must have a Kitsap Transit Carpool pass – verifying a spot is available through the NBK Parking Office prior to visiting Kitsap Transit. Once a spot is available through the Parking Office, the Kitsap Transit pass must be taken to the Parking Office, stamped with a lot number, and visibly displayed.
• Personnel –
- Active Duty Military: Privately owned vehicle (POV) parking is restricted to areas where signage stating Active Duty or E-7 and Above Only are posted. All vehicles are required to be registered with the Parking Office and have an active-duty sticker visibly displayed.
- Retirees and inactive reservists are not authorized to park in these spaces.
- Individual Designated Spaces: Individual spaces – commanding officer, executive officer, and command master chief – are never authorized for the “open parking after 1430 rule". All other spaces (unless disabled or designated) are open parking from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. the next business day.
- Long-Term Parking: There is no long-term parking on any NBK installations other than Fleet Deployed Parking (NBK-Bangor) for any period lasting longer than 30 days, unless approved by the NBK commanding officer and Parking Office.
- Unaccompanied Housing (UH)/Barracks: Sailors residing in the barracks must have a UH and an appropriate active-duty decal in order to park in their corresponding lots and garages. The UH parking garage is not authorized for long-term storage, regardless of whether or not the Sailor is maintaining their residence during their period of absence.
- Civilians: Department of Defense civilian personnel working at NBK-Bremerton may apply for a permit to park on base by filling out a parking application. Permits are assigned as spaces become available, based upon Service Computation Date. Retired military who work at NBK-Bremerton are considered civilians for parking purposes and shall not park in the Montgomery Lot.
- Contractors: There is no parking for contractor personnel on NBK-Bremerton. Temporary access permits are issued on an as needed basis for those personnel who need to drop off tools or equipment in excess of 50 pounds by the Pass & ID Office.
• Worker-Driver Buses – The Worker-Driver Bus program provides transportation from all over Kitsap County to the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard (PSNS). Routes and Schedules are available on the Kitsap Transit website. For more information, contact Kitsap Transit at (360) 373-2877.
• Restrictions – No unauthorized vehicles may be parked in any of the aforementioned areas, nor may vehicles park in any non-designated parking areas to include:
- within 15 feet of a fire hydrant or 30 feet of a stop sign or intersection
- within five feet of either side of a driveway at any curb or parking end cap with restrictive red, white, or yellow marking
- contrary to posted signs prohibiting or limiting parking
- any manner which constitutes a hazard to moving vehicles
- any manner restricting access to other parked vehicles.
Vehicles must be in a marked stall with a white line on each side.
• Booting – Vehicles with three or more citations, and-or illegally parked will be booted.
• Towing – A towing order will be issued for vehicles with excessive tickets, or have been booted with no claimant for more than 72 hours or appear to be abandoned.
Please ensure current vehicle registration and insurance are stored in vehicle at all times.
With an estimated four personnel for each parking spot, it’s trusted upon everyone to be courteous to those with proper credentials to park in marked areas.
All vehicles onboard NBK must be registered on base through NBK-Bremerton Pass & ID (inside the Missouri Gate) or the Parking office.
There is no open parking from 5:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
NBK strictly enforces these policies, so please be sure you those in your command and work centers are in compliance.
Detailed information can be found in Naval Base Kitsap Instruction 5560.13C: Parking Regulations.
Any questions, contact the NBK Parking Office:
NBK-Bremerton, Bldg. 433, Rm. 139 (inside the Charleston Gate)
Hours of operation:
Mon., Tues., Thurs., and Fri., 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Wed., 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Closed on weekends
Naval Base Kitsap affords Taxicab, Limousine and Shuttle Service to service members
Naval Base Kitsap now affords properly authorized taxicab, limousine and shuttle bus service onto installations. This access is primarily provided to aid service members, their families and federal employees who may need a safe ride home or who are required to transit on and off Naval Base Kitsap but do not have personal transportation.
Taxicabs, limousines and shuttle busses will enter through the main gates only (Trident Gate at Bangor, Charleston Gate at Bremerton, and the Main Gate at Keyport) for dropping off or picking up a legitimate fare. When called, taxicabs, limousines, or shuttle busses will be authorized to pick up or drop off at either a residence or place of business/employment. Taxis will not have access to restricted areas nor any pier areas.
Authorized drivers of this new service will also be allowed limited lay-over time for out-going fares at single specified pick up points listed below.
Bangor - Building 2510: Located at the end of Ohio Street adjacent to the Navy Exchange (current shuttle bus pickup/drop-off).
Bremerton - Montgomery Avenue, South at Petrovic Avenue - front of NEX Mini-Mart.
Keyport - Keyport Pass and ID building outside of main gate.
Companies authorized access to Naval Base Kitsap:
|Bizzy Bee Taxi||782-1966|
World Star Limousine
|Taxis and Tours||698-7660|
|On Your Way Taxi & Limo|