The Child Development Center at Naval Air Station Corpus Christi, is located in Building 1782, Ninth Street. The age groups we facilitate are 6 weeks to 5 years of age. We have two caregivers in each of our classrooms. We have one infant classroom (ages 6 weeks to 12 months), one infant/pre-toddler classroom (ages 6 weeks to 24 months), one pre-toddler classroom (ages 12 months to 24 months), one toddler classroom (ages 24 months to 36 months) and one preschool classroom (ages 3 years to 5 years, before enrolling in Kindergarten).
Our curriculum is child-based and is titled, Creative Curriculum. The teachers do observations on each child each week to apply for their lesson plans.
Our mission is to help parents meet their military obligation and the mission of the installation by creating a safe, enriched environment that promotes quality programming where children are encouraged to develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially.
Why accreditation matters
Parents choosing an early childhood education program can be overwhelmed by trying to find the highest-quality program for their child. National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Accreditation is the mark of quality that families are looking for. NAEYC Accreditation gives families the chance to make the right choice for their kids.
The Child Development Center/Youth Activities Center and School Age Care are currently offering hourly care.
- Parents can make reservations for up to 30 days in advance.
- Parents will be required to complete the child registration which includes a completion of a Parent Hourly Care
- Advance reservations are recommended, walk-ins will be accepted if space is available in the program.
- Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Permanent or standing reservations will not be accepted.
- Parents are required to adhere to reserved hours. If parents need to leave their child longer than scheduled or come in earlier than scheduled, they must contact the program for approval a minimum of 30 minutes in advance.
- Hourly care is not intended to be offered full time on a regular basis and limited hours do apply for CDC/YA and SAC children.
- Applicable fees apply.
For more information regarding the CD,C call (361) 961-1165 or SAC call (361) 961-2355.
Child Development Center
Building 1782, NAS Corpus Christi, located on Ninth Street
Phone: (361) 961-1165
Monday - Friday 5 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Closed Saturday, Sunday & Holidays