COR III means that destructive force winds (50 mph) are forecasted within 48 hours.
Under COR III, personnel should:
- Check with your chain of command for specific orders
- Board up your house, if necessary
- Check medical supplies
- Expectant mothers (37+ weeks) consult with doc
- Gather water containers, clean bathtubs (to collect water)
- Tune in to radio/TV for weather updates
Modified COR III: Under Modified COR III, organizations should go over their checklists and take those actions they determine necessary.