One of SUBASE King Bay’s Fleet and Family Support Center most valuable assets is its diverse and multi-talented staff. The Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate (DAVA) works with military families that have experienced domestic violence or abuse in their home. The Advocate provides assistance and support services not only from Fleet and Family Support Center, but also from the local communities that surround SUBASE Kings Bay.
The Advocate can offer the following services to the military member, spouse and children:
1. Family Advocacy Program (FAP) Restricted and Unrestricted Victim Preference Statement options.
2. Facilitate contact with military and civilian resources.
3. Provide assistance in contacting appropriate offices for legal advocacy assistance or court services.
4. Collaborate with the Family Advocacy Program (FAP), law enforcement and the Unit Commander to ensure that individual’s safety plans are coordinated.
5. Accompany to appointments and court proceedings related to abuse.
The Advocate provides information about:
1. Local resources for immediate safety and long-term protection and support.
2. Workplace safety.
3. Housing and child care.
4. Legal, Medical and Chaplain services.
5. Clinical resources.
6. Transitional Compensation.
7. Other civilian support services.
The SUBASE King Bay’s DAVA can be reached at (912) 573-0992 or (912) 573-4222