There have been major changes to base access that directly impact vendors, contractors, sub-contractors and service providers who access Naval Base Ventura County (NBVC). These changes have been directed by Commander, Naval Installations Command (CNIC). To be in compliance with these requirements, NBVC has aligned its procedures in accordance with CNICINST 5530.14 and CNIC NOTICE 5512/1.
EFFECTIVE 14 August 2017, NCACS credentials will no longer be accepted for base access. Please read below:
- If you applied for an NCACS credential PRIOR to 17 April 2017, your NCACS credential will remain in effect for base access through 14 August 2017, when NCACS crede3ntials will no longer be accepted.
- If you applied for an NCACS credential BETWEEN 17 April and 31 May 2017, you will also be required to obtain a DBIDS credential in order to obtain base access.
- AFTER 31 May, no new NCACS application will be accepted. All new contractors, vendors and/or suppliers requesting base access will be required to obtain a DBIDS credential.
- AFTER 14 August 2017, only DBIDS credentials will be accepted for base access.
- There is no cost to obtaining a DBIDS credential.
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT:
Sponsoring guests on board NBVC
Personnel with sponsorship authority may escort their guest on board and accompany them during their visit. NOTE: The U.S. Military member or U.S. Civil Service (Gov CAC) member will be present with their visitors/guests at all times until the visitors/guests leave the installation.
Personnel sponsoring a Contractors/Vendors/Service Providers who will not be accompanying them during their visit must submit a SECNAV 5512/1 form FOR EACH GUEST for vetting to the Pass & ID Office. Authorized sponsors may forward applications to Pass and ID at MUGU_NBVC_PASS_ID@navy.mil. The sponsor must send the email. The vetting process can take up to 10 working days.
Day Pass Restrictions:
- Day Passes expire at midnight
- Require daily visits to Pass and ID for multiple days
- Subject to 100% vehicle inspections for contractors/vendors making deliveries
- Visitors over the age of eighteen must be in possession of a valid form of government-issued photo identification and must be on the Access List.
- Visitors must comply with all federal, state and local laws and NBVC Instructions while on board NBVC installations.
- NBVC Badge holders are required to have in their possession a valid and authorized form of government issued photo identification card in conjunction with their NBVC Badge for installation access.
- NBVC Badge holders will return the badge to their Sponsor or Pass and Decal Office for destruction upon termination or withdrawal of access privileges.
- The privilege to access installations by NBVC Badge holders may be revoked by the Commanding Officer at any time. Increases in the Force Protection Condition may result in the temporary suspension of installation access for some participants of the NBVC Badge Program. Sponsors will be notified of such suspensions at the time of the increase.
- If visitor is a Non-U.S. citizen and possesses a Permanent Resident Card, Form 151, they must bring that with them in order to pick up their badge. Visitor must also carry their Permanent Resident Card with the at all times while aboard the Installation.
- For all Non-U.S. citizens who do not possess a Permanent Resident Card the sponsor must coordinate with the Visitor Control Center at 805-989-7600 or 805-982-2019 for processing instructions at least ten working days prior to the visit.
Agent and Assist Letters
Qualifying individuals meeting specific criteria may appoint an agent or assistant to help them with their shopping at the NBVC Commissary and Navy Exchange. Individuals must have Commissary and Exchange privileges and a medical or other condition that limits mobility or prevents the individual from utilizing the Commissary or Exchange independently. The agent is authorized unescorted access to the installation to shop for the sponsor. The assistant is authorized to access the installation with the sponsor, to assist the sponsor while shopping. For more information and requirements to obtain an Agent or Assist Letter, click here.
U.S. Navy Seabee Museum Web Site at http://www.history.navy.mil/museums/seabee_museum.htm