Military Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Program Links
- U.S. Department of Defense Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office - The official website of the U.S. Department of Defense Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office (SAPRO), providing links to DOD Policies and Federal and State Laws pertaining to sexual assault, as well as DOD Annual Reports and SAPR training materials.
- MyDuty.mil - Provides information on sexual assault prevention, including Active Bystander Intervention, service member guidance, reporting options and service member’s rights.
- Army Sexual Harassment / Assault Response & Prevention Program
- Air Force Sexual Assault Prevention & Response Program
- Marine Corps Sexual Assault Prevention & Response Program
- National Guard Sexual Assault Prevention & Response Program
- U.S. Coast Guard Sexual Assault Prevention & Response Program
Military Sexual Assault Resource Links
- U.S. Department of Defense Safe Helpline: Sexual Assault Support for the DoD Community - Operated by the Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN), the Safe Helpline website provides links to the online Helpline (live, confidential, 24/7 online support), Safe Helpline, and Info by Text, along with general information about sexual assault.
- Military OneSource - free service provided by the Department of Defense to service members and their families to help with a broad range of concerns. Services are available 24 hours a day — by telephone with professionally trained consultants and online.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, National Center for PTSD - Information and resources about types of trauma, assessment for PTSD, types of treatment, self help and coping, PTSD and sexual assault, resources for family and friends, and other online resources such as informational videos, phone apps, and links.
- MyDuty.mil - DoD-sponsored website with information and resources about sexual assault prevention, service member guidance, reporting options and service member’s rights.
Civilian Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Resources
- Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network (RAINN) - the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization. RAINN operates both the DoD Safe Helpline and the National Sexual Assault Hotline. Their website also provides a variety of information on sexual assault statistics, the effects of and recovering from sexual assault, risk reduction tips, national and state resources, computer safety tips, and civilian reporting options.
- PreventConnect.org - PreventConnect is a national project of the California Coalition Against Sexual Assault with funding from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for Injury Prevention and Control. The goal of PreventConnect is to advance the primary prevention of sexual assault and relationship violence by building a community of practice among people who are engaged in such efforts.
- Men Can Stop Rape - seeks to mobilize men to use their strength for creating cultures free from violence, especially men’s violence against women. Their website offers a variety of resources, including downloadable handouts on a variety of topics.
- End Violence Against Women International (EVAW) - hosts an Online Training Institute, where you can register for on-demand trainings on a variety of sexual assault topics.
- Male Survivors: Overcoming Sexual Victimization of Boys & Men - devoted to addressing the unique needs and concerns of male victims of sexual assault through online and in-person support groups, myths and facts, discussion boards, and an online resource library.
Policy & Research Resources
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center - hosts a variety of resources, including factsheets, guides, toolkits, articles, and NSVRC-exclusive publications. There is also a calendar of events, listing sexual assault trainings, conferences, and local events.
- National Alliance to End Sexual Violence - national advocacy group seeking to advance and strengthen public policy on behalf of state coalitions, individuals and other entities working to end sexual violence.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Sexual Violence Information and Resources - provides general information about sexual violence, prevention strategies, consequences, risk and protective factors, as well as downloadable resource guides and reports.
- U.S. Department of Justice Office on Violence Against Women (OVW) - administers financial and technical assistance to communities across the country that are developing programs, policies and practices aimed at ending domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and stalking.
- National Center for Victims of Crime - provides an extensive “Get Help Series” of general information for crime victims and providers. NCVC also hosts the Stalking Resource Center, a press center and information on civil litigation and public policy.
- National Institute of Justice - information on research and evaluation priorities, effective responses, victims and perpetrators and downloadable NIJ and NIJ-sponsored publications.
- WomensLaw.org - provides legal information and support to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, including information on Federal, State, and Tribal laws and statutes, staying safe, preparing for court and how to find a lawyer.
- American Bar Association Home Front: Legal Resources for Military Families - The Home Front Legal Information Center provides both general and military-specific legal information. The Directory of Programs includes information on Military Legal Assistance Offices, Legal Aid and Pro Bono Programs, and Lawyer Referral Programs, and is searchable by state.
- Stalking Resource Center - information and resources for victims of stalking, hosted by the National Center for Victims of Crime.
- Office for Victims of Crime (OVC) - has publications on a variety of general crime victim topics, including crime victim services, crime victimization, health, international issues, legal resources, specific populations and victim advocacy, as well as publications specifically addressing sexual violence.
- National Organization for Victim Assistance (NOVA) 1670 - NOVA's mission is to champion dignity and compassion for those harmed by crime and crisis. Founded in 1975, NOVA is the oldest national victim assistance organization.