Resident Energy Conservation Program (RECP)
The Resident Energy Conservation Program (RECP) is in line with the Navy goal to conserve energy and to comply with OSD policy. See more information!
- 1DB7 RECP transfers responsibility for utility consumption to residents of Public Private Venture (PPV) housing
- Rewards and incentivizes conservation
- Pilot program on Hawaii for 2011/2012—expands to other PPV locations in 2013
- The pilot achieved a 9% reduction in consumption and reduced electricity costs by ~ $1.3M over 12 months
- Savings are reinvested into the PPV project to keep the housing and neighborhoods in good condition
- Navy leadership is out in front to promote program
Download these new flyers for more information about RECP:
Check out the RECP Video on the Navy Housing YouTube channel.