Vendors | Contractors | Sub-Contractors | Service Providers
There have been major changes to base access that directly impact vendors, contractors, sub-contractors and service providers who access Naval Base San Diego (NBSD). These changes have been directed by Commander, Naval Installations Command (CNIC) via CNIC Memo 5530. To be in compliance with these requirements, NBSD has aligned its procedures as shown below and explained here. The new procedures are intended to increase NBSD's security posture and offer a solution that will provide streamlined access.
Three options for Base Access:
- Naval Base San Diego One Day Pass - restricted and limited access. Must be obtained daily at Pass & Decal.
- RAPIDGate® Credential – long-term and streamlined access to NBSD.
Day Pass Restrictions:
- Required daily visits to Pass and ID (Expect 2.5 hours+ delays)
- Subject to 100% vehicle inspections for contractors/vendors making deliveries to NEX, dry or wet side (Includes all commercial vehicles)
- Contractor/Vendor (non space common access card (CAC) holders) access: Monday - Friday, 0530 - 1500
- MIL/CIV/DEP/CAC holder access: Monday - Friday, 0530 - 1630
- Contractors/vendors in POV/rental vehicle without delivery may enter any gate during the hours necessary for the purpose of the visit
- Access through all non-secured gates that size allows
- Only subject to RANDOM vehicle inspections
- Access will be allowed during times necessary to perform business on the installation
- Access for up to one year
- Ability to use the fast lane at Pass and ID to pick up credentials
Find out if you’re eligible for streamlined access with the RAPIDGate® Program