Are you separating or retiring soon? If so, the FFSP can help you become better prepared for your transition into the civilian sector by providing:
- TAP/GPS Seminars
- Navy personnel attending TGPS Workshops are required to bring a copy of their completed Pre-Separation Counseling Checklist DD Form 2648.
- Every form completed less than 90 days prior to separation must contain explanatory remarks summarizing the reason(s) why the form was not completed prior to the 90 days immediately preceding your retirement or separation date. See OPNAVINST 1900.2B for further instructions.
- Federal law requires all Pre-Separation Counseling Checklists, for anticipated separations or retirements, to be completed no later than 90 days prior to separation (10 U.S.C. 1142).
- A completed copy of DD-2648 will be collected on the first day of the class.
- Service members are also required to bring an ITP and their VMET
- For requirements, see Command Career Counselor or Command Transition Officer.
To further enhance career skills, we offer the following:
10 Steps to a Federal Job:
Learn about the Federal Hiring process, and taking a systematic approach in applying for employment with the Federal Government Calculating Your Bottom Line - What are you really worth? This information is crucial for Effective Resume Writing - Never leave home without a well-polished!
Job Fairs - Information on local job fairs located throughout the National Capital Region.
The Perfect Interview - You are in the door! How will you present yourself to a potential employer? Now is the time to learn how to make a good impression and land that dream job!
CARIT Briefings - This Mandatory briefing is provided for all separates.
Transition Assistance Program (TAP) - TAP is for separating and retiring military members. It is a joint venture by the FFSC and the Departments of Defense, Labor, and Veterans Affairs. Topics include skill assessment, resume writing, job search methods, interview techniques, and a review of veterans’ benefits.
- 2013 NDW Transition Assistance Classes