The Navy Housing Program provides modern, comfortable facilities that reflect the Navy’s commitment to quality of life. In addition, the Housing Program provides a variety of housing referral services to customers. From transient and permanent lodging for single Sailors to multi-room housing units for families, Navy Housing professionals provide high-quality facilities and services.
- Residency assistance for military and civilian employees of the Department of Defense.
- Find properties for sale and rent and local hotel information.
- Apply for military family housing.
- Set-Aside Program - security deposit and application fee waived for active duty at select apartments as well as discounted rental fees.
- Office location - Housing Referral Office is located in Building 17, 3rd Floor, Suite 3D
- Hours - Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Phone - toll-free 1-(800) 358-6301, local - 301-295-6564, DSN 295-6564, local - 301-295-0798/1138
- Local private housing
- Very expensive in the Washington area.
- 12-month lease is common. Short-term leases may be available at higher rental fee.
- Military clause required in all leases. If needed, contact the Housing Office for a sample clause.
- Current Department of Defense and Navy directives state that all military personnel “are directed to report to the appropriate Housing Referral Office prior to negotiating any agreement for off-base housing.”
- Government quarters at NSA Bethesda
- Limited to five for senior officers and three for senior enlisted stationed at Bethesda.
- Military family quarters are available in the Washington area but the commuting distance to NSA Bethesda should be carefully considered.
More information on Navy Housing web site.