Find Your Region or Installation


The Federal Employees' Compensation Act (FECA) provides compensation benefits to civilian employees for disability due to personal injury or disease sustained while in the performance of duty.  The FECA also provides for payment of benefits to dependents if a work-related injury or disease causes an employee's death.  The FECA is intended to be remedial in nature and proceedings under it are non-adversarial. Benefits provided under FECA constitute the sole remedy against the United States.

Injury Compensation

If you are injured at work, you may be entitled to injury compensation benefits provided under the Federal Employees' Compensation Act (FECA).  Federal employees have certain rights and responsibilities in filing for these benefits.  What A Federal Employee Should Do When Injured At Work:

  • Immediately report any work-related injury to your supervisor. If you require emergency medical treatment, obtain care first and then notify your supervisor as soon as possible after receiving treatment.
  •  Request medical attention, either by going to the dispensary or a private doctor.
  • Complete a Form CA-1, Federal Employee's Notice of Traumatic Injury and Claim for Continuation of Pay/Compensation, if your injury results from a specific event or a series of events during one day or shift.
  • Complete a Form CA-2, Federal Employee's Notice of Occupational Disease and Claim for Compensation, if you develop a condition due to prolonged exposure lasting more than one day or shift.
  • Your supervisor will provide you with these forms or refer you to the appropriate point-of-contact. To protect your rights to certain benefits, complete the front section of the Form CA-1 or CA-2 and provide it to your supervisor as soon as possible, but not later than 30 days after your injury. Complete these forms as precisely as possible in order to avoid delays caused by asking you for additional information.
  • If your injury requires medical treatment, obtain care as soon as possible. If you sustain a traumatic injury, you may obtain a Form CA-16, Authorization for Examination and/or Treatment from your supervisor or other agency representative.
  • You may be asked to provide additional information. Although your supervisor or other agency representative may assist you, it is your responsibility to obtain the information needed to support your claim.
  • If you are temporarily unable to work because of your injury, you need to keep your supervisor informed about your medical condition, and return to work as soon as your physician allows you to do so. Light duty assignments may be available if you are not able to perform your regular job, and if so, you must advise your physician.
  • Request continuation of regular pay (COP), sick leave, annual leave, or leave without pay.

If you experience a work-related injury, your supervisor will tell you who to contact for assistance and additional information.  To protect your rights and receive benefits as quickly as possible, please do not delay in reporting work-related injuries.

Additional Information

The Internet Sites listed below will provide you with information on the FECA Program, forms, and other useful information.  Additionally, the Computer/Electronic Accommodation Program (CAP) Internet Site provides information regarding a Department of Defense (DOD) program for people with disabilities.  The CAP's services make DOD work environments more accessible to DOD employees with visual, hearing, and dexterity impairments by providing equipment, such as voice activated computers and ergonomic keyboards.  The CAP services are free to DOD employees.

ECOMP Training


Injury Compensation POCs

   Phone Fax DSN
FECA Program Director                 (619) 705-5139      (619) 705-6159             
POC for CNIC NRSW & NRH   (619) 705-5132   (619) 705-6159   
POC for CNIC NRSE (Texas); NRMA (Illinois); NRNW (360) 315-2822 (360) 315-2072   322
POC for CNIC NRSE (Florida); NRMA (Virginia)   (215) 897-3343   (215) 897-3455   433

  (619) 705-5120
  (619) 705-5131
  (619) 705-5136
  (619) 705-5138

  (619) 705-6159   


                 Phone Fax DSN
FECA Program Director                                               
  (619) 705-5139     (619) 705-6159        
  *   (619) 705-5120   (619) 705-6159    
    (619) 705-5131   (619) 705-6159  
  (619) 705-5136 (619) 705-6159  
  (619) 705-5138 (619) 705-6159  

* POC for BUMED Enterprise-wide, CNO Enterprise-wide, NAVWAR Enterprise-wide, SPECWAR Enterprise-wide.

NAVSEA servicing to: HQ, SUPSHIPS, NUWC Keyport, NSWC Corona, NSWC Crane, NSWC Dahlgren, NSWC Indian Head, NSWC Panama City, NSWC Philadelphia, NSWC Port Hueneme, NSWC West Bethesda. 

OCONUS (includes FN, with the exception of NAVSUP)

Share This Page