EFMP Respite Care helps Navy families with children with special needs by providing 40 hours of respite care per month so they can leave the house, go to an appointment, or just rest, while knowing that their child is well cared for.
What is included in Navy EFMP Respite Care?
- 40 hours per month.
- No cost to eligible families.
- Cost of sibling care included.
Who is eligible for EFMP Respite Care?
- Navy families will be eligible for the EFMP Respite Care if the following criteria have been met:
- The family is enrolled in the Navy’s Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) and the EFM child is age birth through 18 years and category IV or V.
- For Navy Active Duty and Reserve on Active Duty, children must reside with service member.
Where is the program available?
- Qualified Sailors stationed in Continental United States to include Hawaii. Call Child Care Aware at 1-800-424-2246.
What do I need to apply?
- Once eligibility has been confirmed, Child Care Aware® will connect the family with the local agency administering the Navy EFMP Respite Care program. This agency will work with each family to complete the necessary application and assist with connecting the family to a respite care provider that will meet their needs.
How long does it take?
- The agency will meet with the family to complete the initial paperwork. The agency and family will then work together to identify potential respite care providers. The family will interview each provider to determine which provider(s) will best meet their needs. Once a provider is selected and the agency notified, the family can begin using their respite care.
For an application or for more information vist the NACCRRA website.