To ensure that a new ombudsman has all of the necessary information and materials, it is helpful for the command to give the ombudsman a Welcome Packet. It is the responsibility of the commanding officer to ensure that the new ombudsman is oriented to the command.
The following should be included in the ombudsman welcome packet:
- Ombudsman "On-Demand" Orientation (pending revision)
- Command Support Team
- Guidelines for new ombudsman
- Sample Appointment Letter to the new ombudsman
- Volunteer Agreement Form DD Form 2793 (version 5/2009)
- OF 1164 Claim for Reimbursement for Expenditures on Official Business (version 12/2016)