The Personal Financial Management (PFM) Touchpoint Checklists, Handouts, and Video Discussion Guides are for the Command Financial Specialist (CFS) or PFM meeting with Sailors when they reach a touchpoint in their career or life requiring financial training.
- The checklists titled My Checklist are for the counselee. It has a place for the PFM or CFS to sign showing they have provided the training, a list of appropriate handouts the counselee should leave with, and a handy reminder of the financial items important at this stage in their journey.
- The PFM/CFS Checklist has handy notes that guide conversation, ensures you meet all the required topics at the touchpoint, and show required handouts for this touchpoint in their career or life.
- The Handouts for each checklist are listed in the top right corner of each checklist for that touchpoint and can be found under the Handout section of this page.
- The Video Discussion Guides are here to help you present the videos should you decide to present the touchpoint training via video. A disc can be ordered for free online (see flyer) and the discussion guides lead you through each video with discussion questions and knowledge check questions as you lead the class. Pairs well with the checklists and handouts in a classroom setting.
- The Financial Service Provider How to Guide can assist you in basic PFM tasks like ordering a credit report, reporting identity theft, changing your TSP contributions and more.
Counselee Checklists Counselor Checklists
Continuation Pay Counselee Checklist Continuation Pay Counselor Checklist
Divorce Counselee Checklist Divorce Counselor Checklist
Disabling Sickness or Condition Counselee Disabling Sickness or Condition Counselor
First Duty Station Counselee Checklist First Duty Station Counselor Checklist
Leadership Counselee Checklist Leadership Counselor Checklist
Marriage Counselee Checklist Marriage Counselor Checklist
PCS Counselee Checklist PCS Counselor Checklist
Pre-Deployment Counselee Checklist Pre-Deployment Counselor Checklist
Post-Deployment Counselee Checklist Post-Deployment Counselor Checklist
Promotion Counselee Checklist Promotion Counselor Checklist
Vesting in the TSP Counselee Checklist Vesting in the TSP Counselor Checklist
Your First Child Counselee Checklist Your First Child Counselor Checklist
Handouts Videos Discussion Guides
Five Rules of Buying a House Continuation Pay Video Discussion Guide
Combat Zone Tax Exclusion Disabling Sickness or Condition Discussion Guide
Continuation Pay Divorce Video Discussion Guide Education Benefits and Savings First Duty Station Video Discussion Guide
Estate Planning Leadership Video Discussion Guide
Financial Warning Signs Marriage Video Discussion Guide
Major Purchases Pre-Deployment Video Discussion Guide
Military Consumer Protection First Child Video Discussion Guide
Military Retirement PCS Video Discussion Guide
Paying Off Student Loans Promotion Video Discussion Guide
Sources of Help for Military Consumers Post-Deployment Video Discussion Guide
Survivor Benefits Overview TSP Video Discussion Guide
Thrift Savings Plan Vesting in the Thrift Savings Plan
Understanding Credit Flyer to Order Video DVD
The Need for Personal Financial Management Financial Service Provider - How to Guide
Estimated Travel Cost
Financial Planning Worksheet for a PCS Move
My Rating as a Money Manager
Spending Plan Worksheet
Visit the Navy Personal Financial Management Videos page by clicking HERE.