Transition GPS Legislation and Policies
- VOW to Hire Heroes Act P.L. 112-56 The VOW to Hire Heroes Act directs that all service members and their spouses must be provided transitional assistance within 24 months prior to retirement and 12 months prior to separation (2011).
- Title 10, US Code Chapter 58 “Benefits and Services for Members being Separated or Recently Separated” codified language found in the VOW to Hire Heroes Act and the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) FY12.
- DoD Transition Assistance Program Memorandum of Understanding Sets forth the agreement between the DOD, DOL, VA, ED, USCG, SBA and OPM regarding the parties’ collaboration on the redesigned Transition Assistance Program (2014).
- OPNAVINST 1900.2C Serves to implement the provisions of the references (a) through (i). It issues policy and guidance for establishment and execution of the Navy Transition Assistance Management Program (2007).
- DoDI 1332.35 DoD policy that prepares all eligible members of the Military Services for a transition from active duty back to civilian life.
- Memorandum for Navy Personnel Warm Handover Guidance All Service members who do not complete their Career Readiness Standards (CRS) or do not have a viable Individual Transition Plan (ITP) are required to receive a warm handover to the appropriate partner agencies, such as Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Labor (DOL).
- NAVADMIN 030/15
Reserve Component Guidance
- NAVADMIN 222/15 Serves as interim policy guidance and provides specific information and eligibility requirements for participation in the Department of Defense (DoD) SKILLBRIDGE Voluntary Employment Skills Training Program.
- VOW Act Memo from Office of Personnel Management Explains the “certification” or “statement of service” letter directing agencies to treat certain active duty service members as preference eligible before their DD Form 214 is received (2012).
Transition GPS Guidance and Trainings
- Navy Delivery Model: Transition GPS Designed to ensure that service members meet Career Readiness Standards during their military service in order to be best positioned for success in the civilian job market after their retirement or separation from the Navy.
- Transition GPS Standard Day-1 Agenda The standard agenda to use on the first day of the 5-Day workshop.
- Capstone Standard Operating Procedure Provides procedures for executing the mandatory Capstone event