Due to COVID-19 pandemic, changes to your installation’s Fleet and Family Support Centers (FFSC) are taking place daily. Training may be postponed or cancelled. Contact your installation’s FFSC for their current status. For the FFSC Directory click HERE.
Mandatory Initial Self-Assesment Prior to Pre-Separation Counseling
All service members transitioning from the military must complete a Congressionally Mandated Initial Self-Assesment prior to Pre-Separation Counseling within two years of retiring, within 18 months of separating, and not less than 90-days prior of official retirement or separation date; pursuant to 10 U.S.C. 1142. Service members are to contact a Career Command Counselor (CCC) or Transition Counselor for guidance and to learn about the Career Readiness Standards requirements of the eForm DD 2648.
Spouses are highly encouraged to attend workshops with their transitioning service members.
Transition Retiring and Separating Timeline
2020 TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM SCHEDULES
Installation schedules will download once you click on the preferred available region. Remember to call the particular installation of interest. Schedules are subject to change, check for availability.
- Commander, Navy Region Mid-Atlantic
- Naval District Washington
- Commander, Navy Region Southeast
- Commander, Navy Region Northwest
- Commander, Navy Region Southwest
- Commander, Navy Region Hawaii
- Commander, Navy Region Europe, Africa, Central
- Commander, Navy Region Japan
- Commander, Joint Region Marianas
- Commander, Navy Region Korea