The Navy Voting Assistance Program provides voting assistance to all Department of the Navy personnel and their families around the world.
The Navy Voting Assistance Program ensures that all Navy personnel receive timely and accurate information regarding state and federal elections through all communications means available, 24-hours a day.
Every Navy command has a Unit Voting Assistance Officer and every installation has an Installation Voting Assistance Officer. A Navy Voting Action Officer is assigned to manage the Navy Voting Assistance Program on behalf of the Navy’s Senior Service Voting Representative, Commander, Navy Installations Command. Each branch of the military has a similarly structured Voting Assistance Program.
Federal Voting Assistance Program: http://www.fvap.gov/. If you have any questions about absentee voting, voter registration, upcoming elections or anything else related to voting, the best place to start is with your command Voting Assistance Officer or the Federal Voting Assistance Program website. The Federal voting Assistance Program's website is a one-stop-shop for all things voting related. The Federal Voting Assistance Program is the Department of Defense agency responsible for making sure that absentee voters can easily exercise their right to vote
Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.fvap.gov/vao/vag/appendix/faq
Registering to Vote Absentee: The easiest way to register is by using the Federal Voting Assistance Program’s online wizard through their website. You can also download the SF-76 (below), fill it out and mail it in using the prepaid envelope (below).
Federal Post Card Application - SF 76: http://www.fvap.gov/uploads/FVAP/Forms/fpca2013.pdf
- Follow ‘Navy Voting’ on Facebook and twitter for the latest voting related news and updates. https://www.facebook.com/NavyVoting https://twitter.com/NavyVoting
- Vote Smart, http://www.votesmart.org/, Provides extensive non-partisan information on elected officials, voting records and candidates’ positions; covers federal and state officials
- Everything you want to know about the U.S. Senate -
- Everything you want to know about the U.S. House of Representatives -
- Overseas voter information - http://www.overseasvotefoundation.org/
Please contact the Navy Voting Action Officer with any questions or comments
Phone: 202-433-4000/DSN 288-4000
Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC)
ATTN Voting Action Officer
716 Sicard Street SE Suite 1000
Washington Navy Yard DC 20374-5140