Who We Are
Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC) Public Safety Systems Program (N3S) (previously known as Naval Facilities Engineering Command’s Antiterrorism/ Force Protection) was established in 2004 following the 9/11 and terrorist attacks on the USS Cole. The program was organized under three major program areas: Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I); Physical Security Access Control (PSAC); and Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN). OPNAV Instruction 5530.14E, CH 2, Navy Physical Security and Law Enforcement Program, 23 Sep 2014 establishes the authority for this program, indicating that it shall:
- Participate in and/or lead program reviews as required.
- Function as the Ashore PSE Program technical authority and procurement contracting office.
- Responsible for budgeting and maintaining all PSE used for Law Enforcement (LE) and Physical Security (PS) on Navy ashore installations and facilities as directed by OPNAV (N46)/Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC).
- Coordinate with OPNAV, NCC, Budget Submitting Offices (BSOs), and end users to identify all projects for each program element every fiscal year.
- Implement and manage the technology insertion testing, procurement, installation, and evaluation processes when identified as applicable to the Navy Security Program.
- Establish and manage the Navy Security Program equipment and system project research, design, development, testing, evaluation, procurement, installation, and life-cycle support budget.
What we do
We develop, deploy, and sustain all force protection and emergency management systems for 75 Navy installations around the globe.
Sustains over 1,300 operational systems comprising 93,000 assets, to include:
- Mass Notification Systems
- Waterside Security Barriers
- Operations Centers (Region Operations Centers/ Emergency Operations Centers)
- Dispatch Centers (Regional Dispatch Centers / Local Dispatch Centers)
- Enterprise C4I Suite Software
- Enclaves (Perimeter Security)
- Navy Munitions Command Alarm Systems
- Electronic Harbor Security Systems
- Inspection Systems (Vehicle / Personal)
- Enterprise Land Mobile Radios
- CBRN Equipment
- Automated Vehicle Entry Control Points