For contractors, vendors and suppliers, only:
• If you were issued an NCACS credential PRIOR to 17 April 2017, your NCACS credential will remain in effect for base access through 14 August 2017, when NCACS credentials will no longer be valid.
• If you are issued an NCACS credential between 17 April and 30 June 2017 you will also be required to obtain a DBIDS credential in order to obtain base access.
• Any new contractor, vendor or supplier requesting base access AFTER 30 June will be required to obtain a DBIDS credential. NCACS credentials will no longer be issued.
• Only DBIDS credentials will be issued to ALL contractors, vendors and suppliers seeking base access AFTER 30 June 2017.
Defense Biometric Identification System (DBIDS) increases installation security and communications by receiving frequent database updates on changes to personnel/credential status, law enforcement warrants, lost/stolen cards, and force protection conditions. The system provides a continuous vetting anytime the DBIDS card is scanned at an installation entry point.
If you currently have an Navy Commercial Access Control System (NCACS) card, the following is required to get a DBIDS credential:
- Present your NCACS Card and a completed copy of the SECNAV FORM 5512/1 to the base Visitor Control Center representative.
- The VCC will pull up your information in the computer, ensuring all information is current and correct.
- Once your information is validated, a temporary DBIDS credential is provided.
- Your temporary credential will have an expiration date, prior to which you will need to obtain your permanent DBIDS credential (~ 180 days).
- For each additional U.S. Navy installation to which you need access, the first time you visit you only need to bring your DBIDS credential and statement of purpose for base access when arriving at the Visitor Control Center.
- The representative will enter base access authorization and then you may proceed to work.
If you do NOT have an NCACS Card, the following is required to obtain a DBIDS credential:
- Present a letter or official document from my government sponsoring organization that provides the purpose for your access.
- Present valid identification, such as a passport or Real ID Act-compliant state driver's license.
- Present a completed copy of the SECNAV 5512/1 form to obtain your background check.
- Upon completion of the background check, the Visitor Control Center representative will complete the DBIDS enrollment process, which includes your photo, finger prints, base restrictions, and several other assessments; after all this is done, you will be provided with your new DBIDS credential.
- You may now proceed to work.
FOR ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS ABOUT OBTAINING A DBIDS CARD, CONTACT YOUR LOCAL BASE VISITOR CONTROL CENTER
DOWNLOAD CNIC DBIDS FLYER BELOW:
DOWNLOAD SECNAV FORM BELOW: