● How is the Housing Referral Service (HRS) Processed?
- Stop by the Housing Service Center (HSC) to be briefed about HRS during an orientation.
- The member has 3 options to find the property:
1) On your own
2) Showing service from HSC
3) Through realtors
- Schedule appointments to look around houses or apartments.
- If selected, the lease agreement/special agreement and OHA Report for service member shall be completed.
The HSC will assist in completing the necessary documentation.
- Housing Director reviews and approves the necessary documentation.
- Forward the completed documentation to CPPA for military or HRO for civilian personnel.
● Referral Processing Requirements (Military / Civilian)
- The Service member’s PCS order / Civilian’s TCS order (DD Form1614) or Transportation Agreement (DD Form 1617).
- Housing Application Form (DD Form 1746).
- Sex Offender Policy Acknowledgement and Disclosure (CNIC 11103/1) Form.
- Command Sponsorship letter for dependents.
- CNA (Certificate Of Non Availability).
● How is Termination Processed? (Military / Civilian)
- Report to HSC 30 days advance.
- HSC sends “Lease Agreement Termination Notice' to the landlord and checks the remaining rent
and utilities with the landlord.
- HSC Sets Up & Conducts a termination inspection with the Landlord / Realtor.
- Move out of off base housing.
- HSC forwards a termination letter to CPPA /HRO and provides a copy to a member.
● How TLA is processed?
- HSC receives Application form from the member and puts the information in eMH (enterprise Military Housing).
- Member shall provide TLA application form along with a lodging receipt to HSC for a review every 10 days.
- TLA application form signed by HSC will be forwarded to the CPPA to be uploaded in TOPS (Transaction Online
Processing System) for the TLA payment.
● Rental Payment For Military Members
- Payment will be made in the local currency to prevent members from losing money as a result of currency exchange-rate fluctuation. Only a month to month payment basis is authorized and Utilities and Rent shall be made separately.
- Service members or DoD civilians must submit a written termination to their landlords at least 30 days in advance before their move out date.
- Members should use the rent receipt provided by the HSC for each payment to avoid errors and submit the copy of the receipt when terminations.
- Delinquent rent or utility payments will be reported to the member’s chain of command by the HSC.
● DoD Civilian Contract
- Payment will be made in US Dollars to prevent members from the losing money as a result of currency exchange-rate fluctuation. However, it can be changed according to each organization’s policy and instruction.
- It is highly recommend that lease should be 90% or less of your authorized LQA. We’re not responsible for possible complications result from using the maximum amount of LQA authorized such as financial problems.
- You should submit one copy of the receipt of the LQA payment to a landlord and the HSC.
For more information, click here.