The Sigonella Housing Service Center (HSC) assists all incoming military and DOD civilian personnel. Based on eligibility, accompanied and unaccompanied personnel are provided assistance in assignments to Military Family Housing (MFH); Unaccompanied Housing, or Economy Housing in the local community.
This section will answer many questions and help you get started.
It is important that you communicate at your earliest convenience with your sponsor and with the Housing office regarding housing eligibility and availability.
The Housing Department provides the following housing services to assist with your housing needs:
1. Military Family Housing provides information on availability, assignment, termination and maintenance of government housing.
2. Unaccompanied Housing provides information on availability, assignment, termination and maintenance of government quarters.
3. Economy Housing provides assistance on locating a home in the local community, lease signing and check-in/out inspections.
It is imperative that members do not secure any type of housing without obtaining approval or guidance from the Housing Department. All Personnel who will be required to lease a property from the local community must have a valid tourist or No Fee passport on hand upon arrival at NAS Sigonella.
o Utilities provide information and assistance with utilities services (electricity, gas, phone, water) and internet services.
o Customer Liaison provides assistance in resolving landlord/tenant issues and maintenance related trouble calls.
4. Furnishings: Temporary Loaner Furniture is available up to a maximum of 90 days or when your household goods arrive. Supplemental Full Tour furnishings are available for the duration of your tour.
5. Allowances and TLA information.
6. Navy Gateway Inns & Suites (NGIS) provides transient lodging for incoming personnel and travelers.
Housing Service Center
Open Monday through Friday 0730-1600
Closed on weekends and holidays
Commercial: +39-095-56-4311/3845 DSN: (314) 624-4311/3845
Within Italy: 095-56-4311/3845
Housing Early Assistance Tool. Navy Housing has developed HEAT to assist service members (SVMs) and their families in applying for housing Navy-wide. HEAT allows SVMs and their families to get the housing application process started at one or more Navy installations online before or after they receive their Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders. HEAT is available to any SVM at all Navy installations.
HOMES.mil is a new official Department of Defense (DoD) website, dedicated to helping Service members, Families, and DOD civilians find housing.