Following arrival in Madrid, proceed to the Iberia domestic departure ticket counters in T-4. T-4 is on the other side of the airport terminal; You will need to take a shutttle bus. They will check you in and give you a boarding pass.
Annual Training normally begins on a Monday, you will arrive at Jerez Airport on Sunday afternoon. Upon arrival at Jerez, follow these steps:
1. Transportation to Rota:
- If you have a Rental car follow these directions to NAVSTA Rota. See SMART Guide.
- If you take a taxi, ensure you are not overcharged. Reference SMART guide.
2. Check-in at Rota:
- Your first stop will be the Main (Rota) Gate to get a car pass and have your orders stamped "Valido" (this allows you entry to the base). You will need a valid driver's license, rental car agreement Military ID and your orders.
- Your next stop will be Building (Air Terminal) to get your billeting assignment and room key.
- Next, will be Building 1 (Base Command Headquarters) to get your orders stamped. Be sure to sign in on the green "reserve logbook" and get your base INDOC assignment.
- Since you will most likely be arriving late in the afternoon, you are done for the day!
3. Base INDOC is held Monday mornings at 09.00 in Building One conference room located in the lower deck. Arrive in the uniform of the day and, in order to get paid upon completion, bring the one copy of the following for PSD:
- Stamped orders
- Page 2
- SATO itinerary
- SMART guide
4. Travel Claims. AT Travel Claims shall be processed at your home reserve center. Only ADT Travel Claims will be processed at Rota, ensure you have the following documents:
- Endorsed copy of your orders with any mods
- Copy of your itinerary
- All necessary receipts showing "Paid in Full" or zero balance
- Completed Travel claim form
- Following INDOC, you will report to your work center. Bring your training record and any qualifications and certifications (mil & civ) that apply to your work center assignment. Many work centers require all hands physical readiness training. Bring PT gear or expect to purchase items to participate in required training.