If there is a need to evacuate, here are some helpful tips:
- Listen to a battery-powered radio for the location of emergency shelters.
- Follow instructions of disaster officials.
- Wear protective clothing and sturdy shoes.
- Take your Disaster Supplies Kit.
- Lock your home.
- Use travel routes specified by disaster officials.
- Shut off water, gas, and electricity, if instructed to do so.
- Let others know when you left and where you are going.
Remember to make arrangements for your pets. Animals are usually not allowed in public shelters. Pets who are to be evacuated, are done so at the owners expense.