Make a difference with the Red Cross.
We depend on volunteers.
Volunteers constitute 96 percent of our total work force to carry on our humanitarian work:
- Every year the Red Cross responds to more than 70,000 disasters—including approximately 150 home fires every day.
- About 11 million Americans turn to us to learn first aid, CPR, swimming, and other health and safety skills. Last year, more than 158,000 people volunteered to teach those courses.
- Among our emergency services for the men and women of the armed forces is the delivery of urgent family messages—around the clock and around the globe.
- More than 30,900 volunteers serve as chairs, members of boards of directors, or on advisory boards for local Red Cross units - chapters, Blood Services regions, and military stations.
- As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, Red Cross reconnects more than 8,000 families separated by conflicts and disasters around the world through international tracking services and Red Cross messages.
Be a part of a life-changing experience
Reach out and connect in emergency situations with the Service to Armed Forces.
Help save a life through Health & Safety programs.
Provide food, shelter and comfort with Disaster Services.
Help prevent and protect loved ones and fellow man from disastrous situations through preparedness.
Provide hope and help to people around the world through international connections.
Ten typical opportunities at the Naples Station.
- Advisory Council Member: Volunteers serve on local Red Cross unit advisory council, which helps to establish policy and direction.
- Chair: Volunteers serve as directors (chairs) of the American Red Cross Naples units, including Health & Safety, Volunteer Administration, Hospital, Disaster Action Team (DAT), Publicity, Italian Red Cross, School & Education, Special Events, Orientation, Youth, and Records.
- Special Events Team (SET): Volunteers serve on the Fundraising Council and at special events to aid in recruitment, fundraising for volunteer activities, and community activities.
- Emergency English Instructor: Volunteers needed to teach basic English for emergency procedures to Italian Red Cross volunteers.
- Disaster Action Team (DAT): Volunteers needed to respond to single-family fires with a disaster action team supervisor.
- Youth Team Leader: Adults are needed to help coordinate and supervise activities and service projects. Adult leaders act as positive role models for youth and encourage leadership and personal development.
- Youth Volunteers/Programs: Students are encouraged to volunteer at various locations around base, both throughout the summer in our VolunTEEN program for ages 13-17, and for all youth throughout the year.
- Health and Safety Instructor: Volunteers needed to teach community as well as preschool and elementary school classes in CPR, First Aid, water safety, and other youth safety presentations.
- Office of Volunteers: Volunteers assist with writing volunteer job descriptions, setting up volunteer orientation courses, conduct volunteer screening interviews, help with volunteer placement, record keeping, and recognition.
- International Humanitarian Law Instructor: Volunteers set up and conduct classes on International Humanitarian Law.
Contact the American Red Cross Naples SAF office to sign up for orientation as a certified American Red Cross volunteer.