Notice of Intent to Vacate (1st Appointment - at either UHQ)
At least 30 days before your departure, you can make an appointment either at the Support Site or Capodichino UHQ Monday through Friday from 0700-1600.
Bring a copy of your PCS orders to this first appointment. You will complete an “Intent to Vacate” notice and schedule your preliminary and final inspections.
Pre-Inspection (2nd Appointment - At your home)
During the pre-inspection of your home, the Housing representative will inform you of what will be expected at the final check-out, as well as take notes of needed repairs. During the pre-inspection, be sure to ask any questions you may have concerning items that have been lost or damaged. This inspection will take approximately 30 minutes.
Cleaning in advance of your Final Inspection
- All rooms are “broom-cleaned.”
- All floors are free of sticky, grease spots and spills. Stickers, contact paper, shelf paper, etc, should be removed, including adhesive remains.
- Kitchen surfaces, cabinets and appliances are wiped clean with no accumulated food remains, grease
buildup, or burned residue.
- Bathroom surfaces are clean and free of residue buildup, hair, and soap remains.
- All burnt out bulbs and broken items are replaced.
- Furnishings are dusted and free from all personal items and trash.
- Windows, screens, window tracks, and coverings (i.e. shutters) are clean and free of dirt, mold, and
- Prepare For Your Final Inspection
- Money Collection Voucher Receipts must be present: If you were held liable for any damage to government property during your stay in the government housing unit, you would have been issued a money collection voucher for payment. The Housing representative must verify that you have paid for the damages, via the Voucher Receipt.
Final Inspection (Final Appointment - At your home)
You must have a final inspection of your home in order to complete your requirements for vacating government quarters before PCS-ing. To complete the final inspection it is important to have all personal property removed prior to your scheduled appointment. At the final inspection a Housing representative will examine the residence in the following areas: condition and cleanliness of quarters; and inventory, condition and cleanliness of government equipment and loaner furniture. During the final inspection, you will sign a memorandum indicating the date that you passed your final inspection and vacated quarters.
Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA)
After turning in your keys you will move into the TLA hotel until the departure for your next assignment. Prior to their departure of Naples, Italy, military personnel are qualified for one day of TLA if they live in un-accompanied housing. This allowance does not begin until the final inspection has been passed. Plan ahead when scheduling your appointments. Make sure your TLA reservations are well in advance.