The Personal Property Shipping Office is part of the Supply Department, and the following information is provided to assist you in your move. At the bottom of this page you will find contact information for the Personal Property Shipping Office (PPSO).
Upon your arrival in Naples, you should contact them to provide them with reliable phone numbers (so they can contact you when your household goods arrive) and then to arrange for the delivery of your Household Goods and Unaccompanied Baggage. Your Unaccompanied Baggage shipment can be delivered to you in Temporary Lodging.
Once you have a housing appointment to sign the final contract, contact the PPSO to set up your delivery date. You will need the address from your lease, a contact telephone number and any requirements the movers need to know regarding accessing the house. When delivery has been scheduled, the date should not be changed unless absolutely necessary. If a change is required, please notify the office ahead of time (at least a day before). Late notification could result in additional charges.
When your property is delivered, the moving company must:
- Provide an English speaking employee.
- Unpack all boxes (unless waived by you) and place all articles where you want them in the residence. However, the company is not required to move articles once they have been placed. They will remove all cartons and packing materials generated from delivery; however, they are not obligated to return on a different date to remove boxes and/or packing materials.
- Assemble all articles disassembled at origin by the moving company.
- Do Not ask them to move furniture found on the premises, including government-owned loaner furniture, as they are not obligated nor authorized to do so.
Some other points of interest:
Due to Italian customs requirements, it is mandatory that all motorcycles/mopeds are documented and processed with customs and must be registered with MVRO and road taxes paid regardless of whether or not you plan to drive it.
You are initially entitled to 90 Days temporary storage of personal property. Extensions can be authorized due to TDY en route or documented housing delays. Civilians wishing to extend their storage beyond 90 days must receive authorization in writing from their HRO before the initial storage expires.
If the storage expires and is converted to member expense, the member will be responsible for the monthly storage fees, but the delivery will still be at government expense. Additionally, the member will be given the option to pay for a joint inspection prior to the conversion. If they waive this inspection, they lose the right to file a loss and damage claim against the TSP after delivery.
Personal Property Shipping Office Contact Information
Village Forum, Support Site
West Wing, 1st Floor (2nd Deck)
- Phone: 081-811-6778 (DSN 629-6778)
- Fax: 081-811-6949 (DSN 629-6949)
Monday, Tues, Wed, Friday: 0745 – 1545
Thursday: 0745 – 1400 (due to training)