The Personal Property Office is part of the Supply Department, and the following information is provided to assist you in your move. At the bottom of this page you will find contact information for the Personal
Property Office (PPO).
You should contact them immediately upon your arrival to Naples to:
* Arrange delivery of your express shipment
* Arrange delivery of your household goods
Provide the PPO with reliable phone numbers (so they can contact you when your household goods arrive).
Please check the "Moving to Naples" page for some.more information about the handling of personal property.
If storage is necessary for personal items that cannot be accommodated in your government quarters, they will be stored locally. The government will pay the cost of storage during your tour in Naples. However, you will NOT have access to these items during your assigned tour in Naples.
Application for storage of your excess household goods must be made before delivery, or within 15 days of the date of delivery to the assigned quarters.
Storage is not authorized for those living on the economy and civilians living on the Support Site or in government quarters.
Once you have established a residence in the Naples area, provide the inbound shipment clerk with a legible map (you will be provided with one when you sign your economy housing contract/lease), a copy of your lease, and a delivery date. When delivery has been scheduled, the date should not be changed unless absolutely necessary. If a change is required, please notify the office ahead of time (at least a day before). Late notification could result in additional charges.
When your furniture is delivered, the moving company must:
* Provide an English speaking employee.
* Unpack all boxes (unless waived by you) and place all articles where you want them in the residence. However, the company is not required to move articles once they have been placed. They will remove all cartons and packing materials generated from delivery; however, they are not obligated to return on a different date to remove boxes and/or packing materials.
* Assemble all articles disassembled at origin by the moving company.
* Do Not move furniture found on the premises, including government-owned loaner furniture, as they are not obligated nor authorized to do so.
Some other points of interest:
* Due to Italian customs requirements, it is mandatory that all motorcycles/mopeds are documented and processed with customs. Members are required to mail, in advance of arrival, copies of their orders and motorcycle/moped title/registration to:
PSC 808 Box 4
FPO AE 09618.
90 Days temporary storage of personal property is authorized in connection with a shipment of house-hold goods or unaccompanied baggage.
Personal Propery Office Contact Information
West Wing, 1st Floor (2nd Deck)
Village Forum, Support Site
Phone: 081-811-6778 (DSN 629-6778)
Fax: 081-811-6949 (DSN 629-6949)
Monday - Thursday: 0745 – 1530
Friday: 0745- 1500