48 Hours - 1 p.m. Friday to 1 p.m. Sunday
The Personal Growth Retreat (PGR) provides an opportunity for individuals to understand themselves better, develop new perspectives in relationships with others and identify inner resources to strengthen their personal lives. All military personnel, retired personnel and their family members over the age of 18 are eligible to attend this retreat.
There are a variety of benefits that one can gain from a Personal Growth Retreat. Many participants feel like a tremendous burden has been lifted from them after attending a CREDO retreat. They return from their weekend with renewed hope and increased self-confidence. Some people develop lifelong friendships with people whom they have met on a CREDO retreat. Everyone returns on Sunday afternoon feeling refreshed after spending a weekend away from it all at one of our beautiful and serene retreat sites.
- Lodging and Linens
- Meals from dinner Friday through lunch Sunday
You Should Bring:
- Casual civilian clothes including appropriate clothing for outdoor recreation and sweaters for inside spaces
- Personal toiletry items, towels, and face cloth
- Your own snacks, if you like
- Valid ID card
Please Do Not bring:
- Alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs
- Weapons of any kind
- Reading/writing material (including Bibles or other inspirational material)
- Watches or clocks (we feel that watching the clock is a serious distraction).
- Musical instruments, radios, cassette players, etc.
- Arts/crafts items
- Your spouse or children
Other Important Information:
- Be Committed and Open - Before committing yourself to a CREDO Weekend make sure you want to attend and that your are willing to take an honest look at your life.
- Be Yourself - The CREDO weekend is designed to create a community of trust and concern among participants. Therefore, we try to remove the barriers that may separate us. Please address fellow participants and team members by first name only and avoid all discussion of military rank and "shop talk."
- Phones - A telephone is available for emergency calls only. Emergency messages from friends and family should go through the NSA Quarterdeck at Commercial 081-568-5547 or DSN 626-5547.
- Parking - For Naples Area retreats, it may be easier to have someone drop you off at the CREDO Center. If you drive, please park in the parking garage at the East end of Capodichino.