Aloha and welcome to Commander Navy Region Hawaii and Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam! The following process has been set up to assist personnel in obtaining access to Navy Information systems such as the Navy/Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) within Navy Region Hawaii: (Revised: 11/15/16)
Step 1: Supervisor/Sponsor (Start SAAR-N process)
- Complete Sections I and II of the OPNAV 5239/14 SAAR-N form. Click link below:
(Complete the digital signature block last)
Instructions for completing the preliminary section:
- TYPE OF REQUEST- Select "INITIAL"
- DATE - Enter date you are completing form
- SYSTEM NAME - Enter "NMCI"
- LOCATION - "Navy Region Hawaii and Supported Commands"
Forward to Personnel Security Manager via digitally signed/encrypted email
Contact Personnel Security Manager to provide user’s SSN
Step 2: Personnel Security Manager
- Complete Section III (complete the digital signature block last)
- Return to Supervisor/sponsor via digitally signed/encrypted email*
- *Any clearance/background investigation problems must be resolved prior to submitting an account request
Step 3: Supervisor/Sponsor (Complete SAAR-N process and Initiate Account Request Process)
- Perform final review of the SAAR-N form for accuracy and completeness. Incomplete SAAR-Ns will be returned to the Supervisor/Sponsor and will delay the account creation process.
- Forward form to N64 via digitally signed/encrypted email to CNI PRLH SAAR-N.
Submit NMCI account request. Click link below:
- Submit request to the IT Service Request tool on G2.
Step 4: NMCI Contract Technical Representative (N65)
- Review N65 Account Request submitted by Supervisor/Sponsor; return if incomplete.
- Submit account requests to NMCI.
- Supervisor/Sponsor, included in the email notifications for the account creation request, will inform new user to contact NMCI Service Desk (1-866-843-6624) to activate account.
- Supervisor/Sponsor can review status of their request via the IT Service Request tool on G2.
Step 5: New User (complete within five working days of account creation)
- Ensure new users CAC has current Command information and Email Certificates
- Log into account with CAC
- Navy military, civilians and contractors complete DoD CYBER AWARNESS CHALLENGE V4 (CEU: 1) via TWMS at: https://twms.nmci.navy.mil/selfservice.
- Active Duty Air Force: Complete Information Assurance Awareness training in the Advanced Distribution Learning Service at https://golearn.csd.disa.mil/kc/login/login.asp and email the training certificate to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On SAAR-N, complete blocks 23, 25 on page 3; digitally sign block 24
- Email SAAR-N form via digitally signed/encrypted email to email@example.com
- Please allow 5-7 working days for account creation.
- Status of account requests can be viewed by the submitter via the IT Service Request tool on G2.
- Users account will be deactivated if Step 5 not completed within 5 working days
Questions? Contact N65 Contract Technical Representative via Email.