CMSgt Jeremy Yates is the Air Force Senior Enlisted Leader for Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii, and Superintendent, 647th Air Base Group, 15th Wing. In these roles he advises Joint Base and 647th Air Base Group leaders on all matters regarding morale, utilization, readiness, training and professional development of 2,450 joint military and civilian personnel across five squadrons and six departments.
He leads joint forces supporting an installation population of 84,000 and working population of 36,000 military and civilian personnel. As a Joint Base leader, he serves a critical role in ensuring the execution of strategic air mobility, operational missions, special air missions and shore installation services in support of United States Pacific Command, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, United States Pacific Fleet and 176 tenant commands.
CMSgt Yates is from Watseka, Illinois and is a graduate of Watseka Community High School. He entered the Air Force in July 1994, and graduated from Security Specialist Course, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, in December of 1994. He has served in various positions including Squad Leader, Flight Chief, Logistics Superintendent, Operations Superintendent, Ground Combat Training Instructor, Security Forces Manager, and Major Command (MAJCOM) Action Officer. Prior to his current position, Chief Yates was the Security Forces Manager, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia.
1999 Airman Leadership School, Nellis Air Force Base (AFB), Nev.
2002 Security Forces Urban Warfare School, Camp Gruber, Okla.
2003 Antiterrorism Instructor Qualification Course, Fort Bragg, N.C.
2003 Ground Defense Command Course, Creech AFB, Nev.
2006 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kirkland AFB, N.M.
2007 Inter-Service Non-Lethal Individual Weapons Instructor Course, Fort Leonard Wood, Mo.
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, National Defense University, by correspondence
2009 Air Force Contingency Response Mission Orientation Leadership Course, Joint Base MDL, N.J.
2009 Contingency Wartime Planning Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Associate Degree in Criminal Justice, Community College of the Air Force
2011 Joint Capabilities Requirements Manager Course, Langley AFB, Va.
2011 Deliberate Crisis Action Planning & Execution Advanced User, Joint Base MDL, N.J.
2011 Deliberate Crisis Action Planning & Execution MAJCOM FAM Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2012 Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Okla.
2012 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Security Forces Advanced Officer Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2013 Homeland Security Planners Course, Joint Forces Staff College, Virginia
2014 Professional Management Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2015 Master of Arts in Leadership, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Okla.
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, National Defense University, by correspondence
2020 Chief’s Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. December 1994 - August 1999, Entry Controller, Security Controller, Alarm Monitor, Area Supervisor, 99th Security Support Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev. (June 1996 - November 1996, Security Support for Operation PROVIDE COMFORT, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey)
2. August 1999 - January 2004, Instructor, 99th Ground Combat Training Squadron, Creech AFB, Nev. (August 2000 - November 2000, Squad Leader, Operation NORTHERN WATCH, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey; April - June 2004, Training Team Leader, Operations ENDURING FREEDOM and IRAQI FREEDOM, multiple locations)
3. January 2004 - September 2004, Flight Chief, 99th Security Support Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
4. September 2004 - September 2007, NCOIC Training, 99th Security Forces Group, Nellis AFB, Nev. (February 2007 - August 2007, Squad Leader, Operation ENDURING FREEDOM, Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan)
5. September 2007 - September 2008, Training Superintendent, 736th Security Forces Squadron, Andersen AFB, Guam
6. September 2008 - September 2010, Superintendent, Operations, Plans & Programs, 36th Contingency Response Group, Andersen AFB, Guam
7. October 2010 - August 2014, Action Officer, Security Forces, Air Combat Command, Joint Base (JB) Langley-Eustis, Va. (November 2013 - April 2014, Security Forces Manager, Operation ENDURING FREEDOM, Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan)
8. August 2014 - December 2015, Operations Superintendent, 633d Security Forces Squadron, JB Langley-Eustis, Va.
9. January 2016 - April 2017, Operations Superintendent, 341st Missile Security Forces Squadron, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
10. April 2017 - September 2017, Security Forces Manager, 341st Security Forces Group, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
11. September 2017 - September 2018, Security Forces Manager, 51st Security Forces Squadron, Osan Air Base, Korea
12. September 2018 - November 2020, Security Forces Manager, 633d Security Forces Squadron, JB Langley-Eustis, Va.
13. December 2020 - Present, Group Superintendent, 647th Air Base Group, JB Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with Six Oak Leaf Clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with One Oak Leaf Cluster
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with One Oak Leaf Cluster
2006 Security Forces Support Staff Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 99th Security Forces Group, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2006 Distinguished Graduate, Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kirkland AFB, N.M.
2012 Higher Headquarters Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, Installation and Mission Support, HQ Air Combat Command, JB Langley-Eustis, Va.
2015 Security Forces Support Staff Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 341st Security Forces Group, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant February 1, 2017
(CURRENT AS OF DECEMBER 2020)