JOINT BASE PEARL HARBOR-HICKAM COMMUNITY EVENTS BOARD
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the purpose of the Community Events Board (CEB)?
A. The Community Events Board (CEB) is a committee chaired by the Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam (JBPHH) Chief Staff Officer (CSO) or Deputy Chief Staff Officer (DCSO) that provides adjudication on community requests to conduct events on JBPHH that will benefit the installation and its members/families.
Q. Who are the members that comprise the CEB?
A. CEB members include JBPHH Administration; Public Affairs Office; Security Forces; Morale, Welfare and Recreation; Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection; Legal; First Lieutenant Division, School Liaison Officer.
Q. When does the CEB group meet?
A. Group meets twice a month to approve/disapprove all requests by direction of the Joint Base Commander.
Q. What are the types of requests that CEB discusses?
- Internal requests from Military and DOD organizations and personnel that may impact normal base operations, involve large numbers of people, result in high visibility, etc.
- External requests from outside organizations or non-military, non-DOD civilians that involved the following: base access, billeting, galley usage, harbor tours, use of base property, running races, job fairs, JROTC visits, and bowling leagues.
Q. How do you process requests for CEB approval?
A. All requests for CEB approval must follow the Special Event Guidelines and complete the Special Event Request Form, then submit for to JBPHH CEB email (JBPHH.CEB.FCT@navy.mil) no later than 30 days before the requested event. Failure to submit requests in the required time frame may negatively impact the chance for approval.
Q. What are some requestor considerations?
- Legal: Private Organizations or Fundraisers
- Security: Base Access (specifics on how to request access for those who need it,
- AT/FP: AT/FP Plans (required at what threshold? sent to whom? process? other? timeline, POCs, etc.)
- Admin: Process to request Open Base Events
For any additional questions, please email JBPHH.CEB.FCT@navy.mil.