The Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam (JBPHH) Recycling Program has two convenient Recycling Center locations standing by to accept your recyclable goods: Waterfront - Bldg. 159 and Airfield - Bldg. 1715.
In addition to customers dropping off recyclables at these two locations, metal recycling items may be picked up from pre-arranged points, including office areas, and/or collection bins, mini marts and piers throughout JBPHH.
All paper and cardboard recycling services will be contracted starting Sept. 1, 2018. If customer’s desire a higher-level of service, they should call the JBPHH Recycling Center POC at (808) 474-3717 or (808) 471-0967 for options.
Commands and activities may request workplace pick-ups. interested in establishing regular pickup service for recyclables, or who need assistance in transporting large quantities of goods are encouraged to call the JBPHH Recycling Program POC.
1. Waterfront (Bldg. 159), Russell Avenue – METALS ONLY!
- Hours of Operation: Mon to Thurs: 8 - 11 a.m., 12:30 - 2:30 p.m.; Fri: 8 to 11 a.m.
- Directions from Nimitz Gate: Turn left on South Avenue. Proceed about 1/4 mile and turn right onto Russell Avenue. Building 159 is about 1/4 mile on the right.
2. Airfield (Bldg. 1715), Kuntz Avenue - PAPER & CARDBOARD ONLY!
- Hours of Operation: Mon to Fri: 7:30 - 11 a.m. and 12:30 - 3 p.m.
- Directions from Kuntz Gate: Make an immediate right after entering Kuntz Gate. Go to the third warehouse, Bldg. 1715H.
- Directions from O’Malley Gate: Enter O’Malley Gate and go under the over-pass. Move to the right lane and curve with the road following signs for Kuntz Gate. Just before reaching Kuntz Gate, turn left at the GSA building. Continue straight to the last, third, warehouse (Bldg. 1715H).
- All white paper, including strip shredded paper (Note: No pulverized or cross cut paper)
- All types of metals (ferrous and non-ferrous)
- Metal cylinders need to be out-of-date, valve removed & a hole drilled into the cylinder
Unpainted & Untreated Pallets
- May accept normal sized metal, plastic & wood pallets
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED:
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Paint or Aerosol Cans
- Pressurized Cylinders
- Brown & Manila Folders
- Cross Cut or Pulverized Paper
- Envelopes with Plastic Windows
- Self-Carbon Paper
- Toner Cartridges
- Magazines, Newspapers, Books
- Colored Paper
Other Miscellaneous Items
- Food Waste
- Milk Cartons, Soda Boxes, Tissue Boxes, or any Waxed Cardboard
- Painted, Stained or Treated Wood
- Plate Glass
- White Goods/Appliances - Stoves, Refrigerators, Washers/Dryers, Air Conditioning Units
- Plastic Bottles, Aluminum Cans, or Glass Jars
Note: The JBPHH Recycle Center DOES NOT participate in the HI-5 program. Residents who wish to redeem their cans and plastic/glass bottles should find the nearest HI-5 redemption location - http://health.hawaii.gov/hi5/redemption-centers/.
RECYCLING BROCHURE (PDF):
RECYCLING FLYER (PDF):