The Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam Recycling Program has two convenient Recycling Center locations standing by to accept your recyclable goods - Airfield - Bldg. 1715 and Waterfront - Bldg. 159.
In addition to customers dropping off recyclables at these two locations, other items may be picked up from pre-arrannged points, and/or collection bins, mini marts and piers throughout JBPHH.
Commands and activities interested in establishing regular pickup service for recyclables, or who need assistance in transporting large quantities of goods are encouraged to call the JBPHH Recycling Program POC at (808) 474-9207.
- All white paper, including shredded & manila. (Note: No pulverized or cross cut paper accepted.)
- Non White, Magazines & Newspaper
- All bottles & jars, including glass containers
- Plastics 1 & 2
- All laser toner cartridges, including imaging units, transfer rollers, fusers, etc
- All types of metals (ferrous and non - ferrous)
- Metal cylinders need to be out-of-date, valve removed & a hole drilled into the cylinder
- May accept metal, plastic & wood pallets
Items Not Accepted:
- Hazardous Materials
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Paint or Aerosol Cans
- Pressurized Cylinders
- Brown Folders
- Cross Cut or Pulverized Paper
- Envelopes with Plastic Windows
- Self-Carbon Paper
- Food Waste
- Milk Cartons or any Waxed Cardboard
- Painted, Stained or Treated Wood
- Plate Glass
- White Goods - stoves, refrigerators, washers, dryers
Bldg. 159, Russell Ave.
Hours of Operation:
Mon to Thurs: 8 - 11 a.m., 12:30 - 2:30 p.m.; Fri: 8 to 11 a.m. (Customer Window Bins - Open 24/7)
Bldg. 1715, Kuntz Ave.
Hours of Operation:
Mon to Fri: 7:30 - 11 a.m. and 12:30 - 3 p.m.
Note: The JBPHH Recycle Center doesn't not participate in the HI-5 program. Residents who wish to redeem their cans and plastic/glass bottles should find the nearest HI-5 redemption location - http://health.hawaii.gov/hi5/redemption-centers/.
Recycling Brochure (PDF):
Recycling Flyer (PDF):