Legal Assistance Department
Functions of the Legal Assistance Department include:
- Provide eligible persons (e.g., active duty, dependents, and retirees) with legal services in the following areas: Notarizations/Powers of Attorney, Basic Estate Planning & Wills, Guardianships, Divorce/Separation/Annulment, Nonsupport of Dependents, Adoption/Name Changes, Bankruptcy & Indebtedness, Landlord/Tenant Disputes, Taxation, Immigration & Citizenship, Service Member’s Civil Relief Act, and Consumer Affairs.
- Provide as preventative law program that educates and informs the military community about legal risks and opportunities.
Federal Notary and Power of Attorney Services - Walk-in and By Appointment
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 0800-1100 and 1200-1600
Friday: 0800-1100 and 1200-1400
To save time, please print out your POA Worksheet before coming to the office for notorization: POA Worksheet
Call the Legal Assistance reception desk at (808) 473-4717 to discuss your POA needs.
1. Please bring two forms of valid IDs issued by the State or Federal Government that contain your picture and a signature CAC/Military Dependent ID/Driver's License/ State ID/U.S. Passport.
Credit cards containing your picture and a signature will not be accepted.
2. Hawaii State Real Estate notary services are provided by appointment only. Please call (808) 473-1411.
Walk-in Legal Assistance Attorney Consultations:
Monday - Wednesday 0830 - 1030
*First come, first serve basis - Subject to Availability
All other attorney services will be by appointment only.
Legal Assistance by appointment
Please contact 473-4717 to schedule an appointment with an attorney; please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment to complete the preliminary client intake sheet. Those arriving 10 minutes late must reschedule their appointments.
Notice to Parents:
In many cases legal matters cannot be discussed with children in the appointment, consequently children will often not be allowed in the attorney spaces. Additionally, children cannot be left unattended in the legal assistance spaces or waiting room. We understand this is difficult. One option for child care may be drop-in services offered by the CDC, Tel: (808) 471-1978. Thank you for your understanding.
Estate Planning (creation of a new Last Will and Testament) - 2 step process:
Step 1: MANDATORY in-person consultation with an attorney to review your specific requirement. Please call (808) 473-4717 for an appointment. Naval Legal Service Command (NLSC) Standardized Will Worksheet.
Step 2: After your documents are prepared and reviewed, there is a MANDATORY formal Will Execution (signing of your Will). By appointment only. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please bring two forms of valid ID issued by the State or Federal Government that contain your picture and your signature: CAC/Military Dependant ID/Driver's License/State ID/U.S. Passport. Credit cards containing your picture and signature will not be accepted).
**No children or infants are permitted into the Will execution/signings.
Outreach Requests: Please email your request for Outreach services to email@example.com
RLSO Hawaii Legal Assistance Department is located on the first floor of Bldg.1746 at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam. If you are unable to visit our office, RLSO Hawaii can be contacted at the following address:
Region Legal Service Office Hawaii
850 Willamette Street
Pearl Harbor, HI 96860-5109
Related Informational Links:
Functions of the Command Services Department include:
- Provide Hawaii based Navy commands with advice and assistance on issues related to administrative investigations, administrative separation boards, non-judicial punishment, Freedom of Information Act, Privacy Act, federal ethics regulations, relations with civilian law enforcement, Art. 138/1150 complaints, and Congressional inquiries.
- Provide Hawaii based Navy command with attorney recorders for administrative separation boards involving child abuse, spouse abuse, and sexual assault cases. In all other cases, provide recorders or assistant recorders when appropriate (e.g., complicated cases or to train command representatives) and when resources permit. Provide an attorney to serve as a Special Assistant United States Attorney (SAUSA) to prosecute civilian and military misdemeanor cases in the federal magistrate’s court that impact good order and discipline on Navy/Air Force installations in Hawaii or otherwise have a Navy nexus.
- As required, provide Summary Court-Martial Officers.
- Contact us at (808) 473-4660.
Functions of the Trial Department include:
- Provide all Government/Trial Counsel services for courts-martial, vacation proceedings, Article 32 investigations, and related matters requested by Hawaii-based Navy commands or, if resources permit, for other area military services. Provide area command advice and assistance in the investigation of court-martial offenses, preparation of charge sheets and convening orders and screening for legal sufficiency of matters expected to be tried by RLSO Hawaii Trial Counsel.
- Provide Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) agents and other investigators with legal advice, when necessary, or other investigators, when appropriate.
- Overseeing and managing all court reporting functions for all courts-martial tried by RLSO Hawaii such as transcription, authentication and Record of Trial tracking until receipt by NAMARA.
- Assist Hawaii based commands in the preparation and promulgation of post-trial actions.
- Contact us at (808) 473-4733.
JAG/Legalman Training Department
Commanding Officer RLSO serves as the Regional Training Authority (RTA) for Hawaii. If you are interested in attending a Naval Justice School or Army JAG School course, please contact the RLSO Training Officer at (808) 473-0430.
RLSO Hawaii also hosts LN-52 Week training every other Thursday from 0730-0900. If you are interested in attending, contact the RLSO Senior Enlisted Leader at (808) 473-1393.
The Naval Justice School Rainbow Calendar is posted at: http://www.jag.navy.mil/njs_curriculum.htm
The Army Judge Advocate Schools calendar is posted at: https://www.jagcnet.army.mil/CourseListing
PLAD: RLSO HAWAII PEARL HARBOR HI
Phone: (808) 473-4717 / DSN 473-4717
Office Hours: 0800 - 1600