What is a Family Readiness Group (FRG)?
The purpose of a Family Readiness Group or FRG is to help plan, coordinate, and conduct informational, care-taking, morale-building and social activities to enhance preparedness, and command mission readiness and to increase the resiliency and wellbeing of Sailors and their families.
What is the purpose of the FRG?
• Prepare members for deployments and homecoming
• Provide family support during deployments
• Help families adjust to challenges and to support one another in times of personal, unit, or area crises
• Welcome/mentor members who are new to the Navy lifestyle
• Coordinate social events, such as holiday celebrations