INDUSTRIAL SECURITY OFFICE (PASS AND ID)
ISO is located at Carney Gate, the main gate to Fleet Activities, Yokosuka, next to the Military Police Guard House. ISO is responsible for Defense Biometrics Identification System (DBIDS) registration and issuing temporary passes to personnel and vehicles. Hours of operation are from 0700 - 2300. Contractor and official passes are issued from 0700 - 1630. Telephone inquiries may be made by dialing 243-5330/5125 or 81-46-816-5330/5125 (International Call).
DBIDS registration is required for all U.S. military personnel, U.S. military visitors, and U.S. military family members who need to access FLEACT, Yokosuka. DBIDS registration must be completed within one week from the first date of arriving FLEACT, Yokosuka. Please make sure to bring a copy of current orders, TAD orders or letter of employment for registration.
DBIDS Registration/Update Hours: Monday-Sunday: 0700-2300
Guest Pass Policy
All sponsors must be registered in DBIDS in order to escort guests. Guests must be escorted and supervised at all times (with the exception of House Guest Passes). Sponsors are responsible for their guest's actions while on board the installation.
Proper Identification for All Passes
- Japanese Nationals
If using a Driver's License for identification, it is required to provide one of the following for proof of citizenship:
- Resident card with picture
- My Number card with picture
- Kisai-Inji-hyo/Honseki Kakunin Yoshi (issued by Japanese police stations)
- Address certificate with permanent address indication (Jumin-hyo)
- Family/Personal Registration (Koseki kojin-jiko-shomei, Koseki zenbu-jiko-shomei)
If using a Passport for ID, it must be a valid Japanese Passport
If using a Basic Resident Register Card (Juki-Card) the without picture format is not acceptable
If using My Number Card (Kojin Bango Card) the "My Number Notification-Card" is not acceptable
- Japanese Nationals Non-Business Related Access Only
If using Junior High/High School ID Cards it must be valid form with/without picture
If using College/University Students ID or a Certificate of Disabled Person ID it must be a valid form with picture as well providing the following supplemental documentation.
- Address certificate with permanent address indication (Jumin-hyo)
- Family/Personal Registration(Koseki kojin-jiko-shomei, Koseki zenbu-jiko-shomei)
- All Other Nationalities (Including U.S. Citizens)
Passport with a valid landing permission
Resident Card with a valid visa and landing permission.
Note: Guests who are processing Visa (pending status) are not authorized to enter base.
Note: While certain identification is approved for identity proofing, in order to register a visitor into DBIDS, the visitor must have an ID with an ID number associated. U.S. Citizens are required to provide their Social Security Number, Certificate of Naturalization or Taxpayer ID Number to receive a DBIDS pass to access the installation. Additionally, unescorted access requires a background check. The SECNAV 5512/1 authorizes a background check for the purposes of access control. It is encouraged for guests that are U.S. citizens to provide your SSN, as the system used only allows the clerk to input a SSN, not a state issued driver's license. Only providing a driver's license number may lead to inconclusive search results which will mandate escorted access only. Information will be safeguarded in accordance with the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 552a, DoDD 5200.27, DoDD 5400.11, DoD 5400.11-R, DoDI 5505.17, DoDI 5400.16, and Volume 4 of DoD Manual (DoDM) 5200.01.
Click here for Samples of Acceptable Forms of ID for DBIDS registration and base access.
One-Day Guest Pass
- Guests for U.S. military personnel including retirees and reservists, U.S. DoD civilian employees, U.S. Navy contractors, United Nation (UN) Commands personnel, U.S. Embassy personnel and their family members, Japan Self Defense Force (JSDF) personnel, Master Labor Contractor (MLC)/indirect Hire Agreement (IHA) with red star, VIP card holders and Special Retired MLC/IHA are required to obtain one-day guest pass to enter the base. All one-day personal guests are allowed to be escorted from 0700 to 2359.
- Officers, enlisted personnel in all pay grades, U.S. DoD civilian employees, U.S. Navy contractors authorized by U.S. Forces Japan, UN Commands personnel, U.S. Embassy personnel and their family members and all members of the JSDF, in all grades, may escort guests onto CFAY and its satellites, by obtaining a one-day guest pass. Sponsors will meet and constantly escort their guests, onto and off the installation. Sponsors are limited to the number of guests authorized as stated in the following limitations:
|Status/Grade||Number of Guest/Vehicles||Pass Requirements|
|U.S. Military personnel
including U.S. Forces Retired and their family members
|E-6 and Above||6 guests and 3 vehicles||Person: Yes
|E-5 and E-4||4 guests and 3 vehicles||Person: Yes
|E-3 and Below||2 guests and 2 vehicles||Person: Yes
|JSDF personnel and JSDF Retirees|
|CWO1 and Above||6 guests and member's vehicle ( 1 )||Person: Yes
|E-6 and E-9||6 guests and no vehicle||Person: Yes|
|E-5 and E-4||4 guests and no vehicle||Person: Yes|
|E-3 and Below||2 guests and no vehicle||Person: Yes|
|JSDF Academy Student||6 guests and no vehicle||Person: Yes|
|JSDF Academy Officials||6 guests and member's vehicle ( 1 ) if Staff ID card holder is equivalent to Officer||Person: Yes
|VIP Pass Holders||6 guests and his/her/company's vehicle ( 1 )||Person: Yes
|Retired MLC/IHA with Special Retired Pass||6 guests and no vehicle||Person: Yes|
- Family Member Guest Privileges. Family members 20 years or older (son, daughter, mother, father) may act as guest sponsor and will retain the same guest privileges as their sponsor.
- Other family members (16 years old thru 19 years old) may escort one (1) guest onto the installation regardless of their sponsor's rank. All of these family members are not authorized any Overnight or Pre-Authorized Passes. The sponsor or spouse must apply for those passes.
Overnight Guest Pass
Installation Access Request
Officers, enlisted personnel in all pay grades, U.S. DoD civilian employees, U.S. Navy contractors authorized by U.S. Forces Japan, and their spouses, in all grades, may obtain an overnight guest pass only at the installation they reside. A sponsor can receive an overnight pass for Base Housing, the Navy Lodge, Storks Nest or Bachelor Housing. Sponsors will meet and constantly escort their guests, onto and off the installation. Sponsors are limited to the number of guests authorized as stated in the following limitations:
|E-6 and above||6 guests|
|E-5 and E-4||4 guests|
|E-3 and below||
- Family Member Guest Privileges. Spouses may act as guests' sponsor and will retain the same guest privileges as their sponsor (same as One-Day Passes). Other family members cannot escort overnight guest onto the installation, it has to be the sponsor or spouse.
- Sponsor MUST live on base, and the guest will stay overnight at the on-base residence. When guests are staying in government housing (Towers or Townhouses) for more than 72 hours, a House Guest pass is required in accordance with COMFLEACTINST 5530.6B. The sponsor cannot use a 72 hour (3 nights) overnight pass for the same guest consecutively; there must be a 24 hours break. Any combination of nights. (Example, 24hrs+24hrs+24hrs=72hours or 24hrs+48hrs=72hours).
- Sponsor escorting guests staying at Bachelor Housing or Navy Lodge must present a valid payment receipt in order to obtain an overnight guest pass.
- If a sponsor is not presently stationed at FLEACT, Yokosuka and staying at the Navy Lodge, an overnight guest pass will be issued to their guests for duration of the visit. The sponsor must have a valid Navy Lodge payment receipt with the required number of days to receive a pass.
Note: All sponsors will be limited to 60 days of overnights and House guest passes combined per guest per 365 day period. A 30 day extension can be requested through COMFLEACT Commanding Officer and must be submitted a minimum of seven (7) days prior to the required date of the pass.
House Guest Pass
When guests are staying in government housing (Towers or Townhouses), the Navy Lodge, Storks Nest or Bachelor Quarters for more than 72 hours, a House Guest pass is required in accordance with COMFLEACTINST 5530.6B. House guest pass will be issued to guests whose sponsor is currently stationed at FLEACT, Yokosuka or currently under TDA/TDY orders. Retirees are not eligible to obtain a house guest pass.
- Bonafide guests in a tourist status (visa category's, temporary visit) or relatives living in Japan who are visiting military personnel on base may receive a House Guest Pass from the ISO to facilitate base access. The sponsor is responsible for the actions of guests. Improper behavior by the guest, or misuse of the House Guest Pass, will be sufficient cause for COMFLEACT Yokosuka or it's satellites to recall the pass. House Guest passes will be issued only for the duration of the intended visit and shall be limited to 60 days per guest per 365 day period beginning with the first pass issued. A 30 day extension can be requested through COMFLEACT Commanding Officer and must be submitted a minimum of seven (7) days prior to the required date of the pass. Any sponsor requesting a House Guest pass must be occupying their residence during the time any approved temporary guests are occupying the home or place of residence.
- To request a House Guest Pass, the sponsor must provide a properly endorsed CFAY 5532/2A and completed SECNAV Form 5512/1 along with a copy of their passport to the ISO at least 72-business hours prior to the guest’s anticipated arrival. All guests must have a background check completed for a House Guest Pass. Upon arrival, the sponsor/spouse and guest will provide a passport with a valid Visa Stamp to prove bona fide temporary visit status in Japan.
- When picking up the House Guest Pass, the sponsor or spouse must accompany the guest(s). A copy of the Passport with a valid Visa stamp is made. The sponsor will read and sign the House Guest Pass.
Submit a "Pre-Authorization Pass Request Form (CFAY 5532/24)" along with a copy of guest's ID to ISO at least 72- business hours prior to the guest's anticipated arrival. The sponsor will pick up the approved pre-authorized pass with the guest at the ISO, Ikego MPHQ, upon arrival. After proper identification, the guest with the sponsor will be allowed to access the installation. The sponsor will constantly escort their guests while on base. The Pre-Authorized Pass is requested for the following purposes:
- Personnel desiring to escort more than their allowed number of guests based on pay-grade may escort 10 guests per one sponsor. Passes will be issued to the sponsor by a gate guard.
- Personnel whose guest(s) depart and return on an MWR tour between 2300 and 700 may obtain a pre-authorized pass. Passes will be issued for the duration of MWR tour. No overnight pre-authorized passes are allowed.
One day vehicle pass will be issued for One-Day Guest, Over-Night Guest, or House Guest Vehicle Pass for immediate family guests of SOFA members. All of these vehicle passes are limited to immediate family members of sponsor or sponsor's spouse. Immediate family members are defined as children, parents, grandchildren, siblings (sister, brother), and their spouses. Vehicle passes will be issued until the expiration of the guest pass or 2359. Guest(s) must comply with the following:
- A vehicle pass must be displayed in the right front windshield at all times.
- Driver is required to obey all traffic regulations and avoid entering all restricted areas.
- All vehicles entering and/or leaving the base are subject to search at all times by proper authority.
- Vehicle Pass will be issued until 2359 or until the expiration time of the guest pass (immediate family members only).
- For rental vehicles, the sponsor or spouse will ensure the original contract agreement is in the vehicle, and the vehicle has sufficient liability insurance.
- All guest(s) must have a valid driver’s license, JCI and Liability insurance.
One Day Personal Owned Vehicle (POV) Pass are issued to U.S. Forces Military personnel, U.S. Civil Service personnel, United Nations Command personnel, American Embassy personnel, and JMSDF Officers after complying with all pertinent regulations:
- After Vehicle Registration Office (VRO) is closed, SOFA personnel who are in the process of registering their POV will be issued a vehicle pass until 0900 the next day for registering purposes. Vehicle passes valid for more than one day will only be issued at VRO.
- When the registered owner of the vehicle is not a SOFA member written permission (Private Vehicle Loan Agreement Form (CFAY 5800/57) with the owner's seal is required. The driver must have a valid driver's license (USFJ Form 4), an original car title and proof of insurances (Japanese Compulsory Insurance (JCI) and liability insurance). Number of vehicles passes issued will not exceed five times per month when the SOFA member is stationed at Yokosuka.
Note: Insurance coverage requirements: $30,000.00 or 3,000,000 yen property damage and $300,000.00 or 30,000,000 yen bodily injury.
- If the sponsor is stationed outside of Japan and the spouse resides in Japan, and requesting a vehicle pass for the vehicle owned by the spouse, a copy of their current orders is required to be issued a vehicle pass.
- For personnel not permanently stationed at FLEACT Yokosuka, is residing on base, and driving a rental vehicle, a vehicle pass will be issued for duration of the visit. The sponsor must present supporting document of proof of residence on base such as a lodging receipt, TAD order, or request for House Guest Pass (CFAY 5532/2A)
- For newly reporting personnel residing at the Navy Lodge and driving a rental vehicle, a vehicle pass will be issued for the duration of lodging at Navy Lodge. The sponsor must provide Permanent Change Station orders and receipt for Navy Lodge.
- All vehicles owned by SOFA personnel and their spouses will be registered with VRO. Vehicle passes are not issued for Kanji plate vehicles owned by SOFA member(s), unless for the above purpose.
U.S. military members (including retirees), U.S. Civilian employees, U.S. Navy contractors, and their family members whose station is not Japan are allowed to obtain a One-day POV pass with International Driver's License as long as the vehicle is a commercial rental vehicle
Activities desiring base access for individuals or groups making official or courtesy calls shall notify the FLEACT, Yokosuka Security Office of the event. Notification will be made by an official visitor pass request form CFAY 5532/51 or memorandum stating the names, date of birth, present address and nationality of the individuals visiting, purpose of the visit, time and date of arrival and anticipated departure, vehicle description, license plate number, name, grade and telephone number of the person to contact in the event. All guests must be escorted while on base.
- Unescorted Guests Violation. If guests are unescorted while on-base, the first violation will result in a 30-day suspension of all pass privileges, and a second violation will result in a one year suspension. The guest will be escorted off the installation by military police. Base access for the guest will be suspended until further notice.
- Designated Third Country National Guests Unescorted Violation. If guests are unescorted while on-base, the guest will be escorted off-base by military police. This violation will result in permanent suspension of sponsor's guest's privileges. Base access for the guest will be suspended until further notice.
- Over Staying of Guests. If guests are found over staying on-base, the guest will be escorted off-base by military police. This violation will result in permanent suspension of sponsor's guest's privileges. Base access for the guest will be suspended until further notice.
- Trespasser. If personnel are found trespassing while on-base, the violator will be escorted off-base by military police. This violation will result in a six month suspension of base access for the violator and six month suspension of sponsor's guest's privileges.
- Lost Pass. If guest loses a pass or DBIDS card, the sponsor will report immediately to the location the pass was issued and complete a voluntary statement.
- Mutilated and Tampered Pass. Any passes issued by FLEACT, Yokosuka ISO are prohibited to be mutilated or tampered with. This violation will result in permanent suspension of sponsor's guest's privileges. Base access for the guest will be suspended until further notice.
- Any violations of the guest policy will affect the violator and his/her entire family members. A record of violation will remain for one-year unless a violator violates paragraph 3. and 4.
Directive: COMFLEACT YOKOSUKA INSTRUCTION 5530.6B