There are three types of housing offered to customers through the military - Privatized, Navy Owned and Navy Leased.
In the Mid-Atlanic Region most of our installations have privatized their family housing inventory through Public-Private Venture (PPV) partnerships. We currently have three PPV partnerships in the region that include:
- Lincoln Military Housing
- Balfour Beatty Communities
- Forest City Military Communities
The Navy is proud to offer our Service Members and their families the opportunity to live in privatized family housing communities (PPV). PPV housing provides the opportunity to live in a predominantly military community through a partnership of the Navy with a private sector management company. This approach provides a professional property management company staff to respond to day to day maintenance and operations, while teaming with the Navy Housing Service Center (HSC) staff to provide Service Member advocacy services and support.
Benefits of choosing Navy privatized housing include:
- Opportunity to pay rent with allotment
- No security deposits for Service Members when rent is paid by allotment
- No application or credit check fees
- Lease cannot be denied to a Service Member due to a negative credit check
- Free community events for families
- Community Centers at most locations
- Pools at many locations
- Neighborhoods located on or close to installations
- No chnage for nomral utility use (please see RECP information for details)
- Maximum rent amount equals BAH (rents may be lower than BAH depending on location)
- Choice of 6 or 12 month initial lease term w/month to moth thereafter (includes military clause)
- A property management team that understands the military culture and challenges faced by military spouses and families
For more information on the PPV program please click here.
Our housing community located at SCSC Wollops Island is the only government-owned housing community in our Region.